Ringing Around

Elizabeth Churney knocked on the door of the 177th room in the castle. She smiled as an old man opened the slat.

'Hello! Im Elizabeth Churney from the palace. I am here to collect the rings.!' she continues to smile until the man shuts the slat. She frowns for a moment until she hears the lock in the door. He studies her posh attire and grunts before turning away.

He walks over to a cabinet and gently knocks three times on the top drawer. It springs open and out pops a safety fairy.

'Passcode please sir!' the fair demands. He is short with a small brown cap and wearing a smart uniform. The man pulls out a slip from his pocket, its got thousands of numbers on it and the fairy studies it intently before moving aside.

The man pulls out two cylinder tubes cased in gold leaf. He opens the lid of one of them too reveal a mouth wateringly beautiful pink stone on a silver ring. Around the stone is a leafy pattern and Elizabeth stares open mouthed at the rings. She thanks the man for his kindness and hands him over the sack of gold coins. She places the rings in her pink palace bag and hurries off.

On her way back to the castle she decides to go pick up her dress from the famous tailor in Camelot.  She digs into her bag to find her pouch and brings out 3 shiny gold coins to pay for the dress. She places them onto the counter and with that she also asks the  the assisitant for dress 22364, she nods and signalises for her to come round the back to try it on. When the finally find the dress in the large warehouse of clothes she is shocked at how beautiful it is. Its just right for her porcelain complexion. She goes to get changed into it, and whilst admiring herself in the mirror an angry faced lady comes storming through her changing room. She doesn't apologise but instead says to her,

' You've been trying to get away with leaving us only 3 gold coins. You know that dress is 5 coins and you cant deny it! Now hand over the money.' She shouts in her burly voice.

Elizabeth empties her bag onto the floor of the changing room looking for the two coins that she remembers putting in there earlier. But as she does this the rings come tumbling out and roll along the floor.

'No!' she gasps before running out to try and catch the rings. They roll along the corridors and she chases after them. But every time she can almost reach them they are kicked out of her reach. She screams and chases after them and gets her hand trodden on by someone trying to find their dress. The pain rushed through her veins but eventually she gets hold of them both. She makes her way back to the changing room after getting lost 3 times and finds an angry looking woman still stood there. In her hands are the two coins. She throws Elizabeth a look and says that shell let her off this once only. If only she could know the truth, it was that Elizabeth had obviously given the ring maker the pouch with 5 gold coins in it and the lady the one with 3! She would have but no one was to know she had these rings, they were valuable, but evil was still out there.

She finally made her way out and with a sigh of relief she went up to the place the rings were to be kept. The knocked on the door and found to her surprise that there was someone in the room, the king.

Tedros looked hot and flustered, his brow slick with sweat.

'Oh, thank heavens you made it, I was starting to get worried!' he said as she handed him the rings 'Imagine if you had lost these!' he joked wearily. The rings were a big deal, they were made with one drop of merlins love potion in the jewels. A blue potion for Tedros's and a pink for Agatha's ring, as she had seen.

'Of course I would never lose them!' she joked back, but she could never tell anyone she had even let them out of her sight, let alone sent them flying down corridors.

As Tedros opened the lid she held her breath, she hoped they were still ok. She was so happy when he opened them to reveal a perfect stone. She left and shut the door, leaving Tedros alone to gaze at the rings.