Mothering Secrets

Callis sat down at the old table. She reached for Agatha's hand and held it tightly.

'There is something I must tell you. Now its very important that you tell no body, I had to warn you before this day.' said Callis, her grip tightening on Agatha's hand. This was so unlike Callis's usual behaviour that something must be wrong.

'In Camelot there is a tradition. Where the night before a big wedding or joining between two lovers, a test is done on both of them. The test is a love test. A wizard chosen by the family, in your case Merlin, pours a drop of a dream potion into the lovers drink before they sleep. The potion consists of a truth remedy and a dream sharing mixture.... Last night at the pre-wedding banquet Merlin did as said to both of you. This meant that in the night he could see your dreams and question you about your commitment to the other lover. He had no doubts that you would be the perfect couple but he just wanted to be sure that there was not another Royal Heartbreak.' at this point there was a strange scratching noise that came from outside. Agatha jumped in surprise as she was so engrossed in Callis's words. The door creeped open a tiny crack and a familiar shape walked through. A scrawny back cat with big fang like teeth. 

'Reaper!' Agatha screamed with joy. The cat hissed accordingly. and wandered off and onto the creaky old bed.  ' Nice to see you too' Agatha joked back at him, much to the cats disapproval.

'Where was I?' Callis mumbled under her breath.  'Ah! As i was saying Agatha, I must say this in haste as Professor Dovey will wake you up soon as this is only a meer  vision for you. You have come to where I now reside after my death. Anyways, Merlin dressed you first, you were dreaming of flying, with Tedros's hands around you and his wings speed high before you watched the sun set over the camelot mountain I gather.' Agatha nodded in recognition and started turning red with embarrassment. ' So you were all fine, dreaming of your lover is natural the night before you get married. But when Merlin came out of your dream and went to Tedros's bedroom something strange happened. He was about to go in when he heard a voice, coming from inside. It was most unusual. Tedros's dream was being played out across his floor. Merlin says that he knew Tedros was special but he didn't know that he reacted this way to the potion. He unlocked the door and crept in and sat down to watch this dream being played for him. But just as he focused in on it something strange occurred. Tedros was flying to save his queen and then as he got there he found a dilemma. He had to choose who to save. You or...' she hesitated.' Sophie.' Agatha's jaw fell open and she let out a sigh.

'But why was he dreaming of her AND me?' she asked.

'Its simple.' Calls answered ' Tedros still hasn't made up his mind on who he loves more, you or Sophie. He is afraid that if he sees Sophie he will choose her and fall in love with her instead of you. But theres more to do with the dream, just as he had made his decision he passed it to a man, presumably the decision maker, and you started to disappear slowly, leaving him and Sophie alone.'  Calls finished and looked over the table at Agatha. Her head was down and as she looked up at Callis she saw that her eyes glistened with tears. She was crying. It was so unlike Agatha that Callis didn't know what to do. But before she could say any words of comfort Agatha started to disappear. She was being woken up.

' You will know what to do. I know you will my brave girl.' Callis said before Agatha was gone. Gone to face her decision.