Help Hort

Hort sat slumped on his bed, his mission to find Agatha had failed. his black curls were drooped over his chiselled face. His mind however was deep in thought. Would the wish fish be true? News had spread like wildfire around the castle. Where was Agatha? Had she run away? Would there be another heartbreak? Thousands of people swarmed the castle gates with questions.

He got up and slid over to his big oak window. Out of it he could see a swarm of people, thousands of tiny faces with quills and paper, ready to write any news, surrounded the gate. But then there was a knock on his door, three little knocks, all in perfect time. Sophie.

Like an over excited puppy he bounded over to the door with joy and swung open the door. Only then was he confronted with a man in a smart suit.
' Master ...' The man looked down at his sheet, puzzled. ' Master Horticus?' He articulated. 'You have been asked to come for your suit fitting. I have heard you are one of the grooms men? ' Hort nodded before following the man down to the large needle room. He opened the door and there was the room. It was brightly lit with thousands of fabrics on the walls, in the middle was a velvet covered round podium for him to stand on presumably. He was just about to get started when a cry broke out from near the door. He scuttled to the window before his face drained of all colour. They had broken in. The mass crowd of reporters and people had been too strong for the guard. The smart dressed man ran too the door, clutching his ear, a hearing device.

'Follow me!' He hissed ' The lock won't hold up for long! He grabbed Hort by his arm and yanked him to the corner of the room. There was a shelf there, ornately decorated with jars and exquisite vases from everywhere the royals had been. To Horts shock the man pulled the base forward and suddenly the case seemed to turn into a doorway. That was when the the thumping started. They were trying to break in! The man looked pale and quickly shoved Hort through the door before entering himself, then the door closed and turned back into a cabinet.

'Wha-' Hort said before he was cut off by the mans whisper. 'Shhhh they can hear us!'

They traveled down a series of passages until they came to a room, it was filled to the brim with people. Among them he could spot Hester and her gang, Tedros, Dovey. But where was Sophie. His heart rate quickened and then he saw her. He pushed his way throughout the crowds towards her. He wrapped his arms around her with a sigh of relief. He brought her over to an empty corner and sat her down. She looked stressed out and she sat with him she burst into uncontrollable tears. Dovey caught sight of this before anyone else and cast a bubble over them, meaning they could see and hear everyone else but no one could see them. Hort glanced up and smiled at her in appreciation.

Sophie rested her head on his lap and wept amd wept. She told him all that had gone on since she last saw him and he looked at her and said.

'Sophie, you are not to blame, you are simply just a piece in this puzzle. The world seemed tough but you can get through it. We can find Agatha together my princess. You know deep in that heart of yours that she is safe and so if we keep on believing, it will come true.' He kissed her on the head and her gem green eyes stated back at him.
There love lock was broken when a voice boomed over them. 'ATTENTION THE PALACE HAS BEEN INFILTRATED AND WE MUST STAY HERE TILL FURTHER NOTICE. THERE IS NOTHING TO BE WORRIED ABOUT BUT WE NEED TO STICK TOGETHER. WE ARE FAR DOWN IN THE EMERGENCY QUARTERS SO YOU MAY NOT LEAVE OR YOU WILL BECOME VERY LOST. THERE ARE SOME ROOMS YOU MAY GO TO THOUGH TO MY LEFT AND RIGHT. OVER THERE IS THE GAMES ROOM AND OVER THERE AND PAMPER AND SPA ROOM AND THERE IS A RELAX ROOM. ' his shout echoed and left the room silent before everyone ran to the rooms. Leaving Hort and Sophie alone with two men in suits. Sophie lay sleeping on his lap.

'Has the queen been found?' One Man said. 'No, but we think she may be dead. A scrap of her dress can be seen on her window edge. She may have jumped.' And with that they left. Hort could never tell Sophie.