Chapter 12

______________________________________________________________________________________

Date: ( Skipping Day ) May 16th , 2015

Time: 2:15PM

Quote: “My heart, for unknown reasons, seems to freeze in motion in my chest. I can see he senses it and he holds his pause to enjoy my suffering, prolonging my ignorance. “Viktor, what?”   ― Gwenn Wright

______________________________________________________________________________________

Corahn Lockridge . . . .

    I still can't quit pondering about how I'm going to listen to a spirit , how in the hell do I not know if I'm delusional or not but what if the spirit is actually telling the truth and Mackenzie is actually located inside of the house across from hers. I love her to death and I would do anything to get her back .

   I sighed and walked out of my house typing in the 911 phone number as I walked to my car and unlocking the doors. I opened the car door and stepped inside , adjusting myself in my seat and putting the key into the ignition. I pressed call , and listened to the ringing tone.

"Zone 5 police department , what's your emergency?". The operator spoke into the phone , as I heard the ticking of the keyboard in the background along with the sounds of other voices.

"Um , I'd like to report a kid napping". I said , holding my phone to my ear and putting the car in reverse and pulling out of my driveway. When I was in the road , I switched gears and it was placed in drive , I pressed down on the accelerator and drove off turning out of my subdivision.

"How long has the victim been missing?". The operator asked as she continued to type on her keyboard.

"Over 24-hours". I answered as I pulled up at a red light , and rubbed my hand down my face.

"Okay , sir where is the location?". The operator asked , once again another question and it just came to realization that I didn't know the address. The light turned green and I drove until I saw Mackenzie's subdivision , she really didn't stay that far away from me about 5-10 minutes away.

"Sir , hello? .. Are you there?". The operator , spoke through the phone because I didn't reply I was to busy trying to pull into Mackenzie's driveway and run across the street quickly to look at the mailbox number.

"Yes , I'm here please send backup to this address". I said and paused in between my sentence but continued. "The address is 3690 Fairway drive".

"Alright sir , backup is on the way". The operator said and the phone made the click , noise indicating that the phone went off.

  I stood there staring at the house it didn't give me chills at out because the outside looked so normal at how the sun peeked over the house causing me to slightly cover my eyes but I could still see. The house may have needed a little work done to it but other than that I wouldn't have believed that nobody would stay in the house since I never saw any cars or nobody moving around. I still stood there looking at the house as it overlooked at me.

  I heard siren's a couple blocks down but I still didn't move , I sat down by the mailbox waiting until I saw a swarm of policemen driving down the street of the subdivision. I looked down the road to see the police cars speeding my way , I stood up and scooted back a little more on the side walk so that they couldn't run me over.