14 | toffee

For the boys,

"If you don't look like Calvin Klein models, then don't expect us girls to look like Victoria's Secret Angels."

- Unknown.

___________

CH 14

"Okay, pick one." Chase holds up two blindfolds in front of me. One's lilac and the other one's mint green.

"You were actually serious about this?" I gape.

"Serious as ever, Nerdy Bum. Now which one do you choose?" Obviously I pick the mint green one.

I take the blindfold from his grasp. "So what, you want me to put this on right now?"

"Yup," he says with a nod. "Come here, I'll do it for you. I don't trust you well enough."

"Hey, I won't peak!" I tell him.

"Not buying it," he says with a grin and steps forward. He takes the cloth and spins me around. He gingerly ties it around my eyes. Not too tight, not too loose. Just right. And the only thing I can see, if I look all the way down is my white high tops. Not that informative actually.

He leads me into the car and buckles my seatbelt for me. "I'm loving this outfit, Nerdy Bum," he says and it's only then that I realize how close he is to me. His warm breath blows over my cheek and I can't stop the involuntary gasp that slips.

"Th- thanks!" I squeak. Pathetic, I know. But hey, I'm a girl and I've got my fair share of hormones. I mentally praise myself for the outfit I picked out. It's simple, yet cute. A pair of frayed jean shorts, a white t-shirt with a pretty cutout in the back and my hair is braided into a side braid.

Due to the blockage of my visual senses, my other senses are very much heightened. His musky smell hangs around even after he moves over to his side of the car.

"Ready?" He asks.

I nod in response and mentally think of the various places Chase could actually work in. Popcorn server at the movies? Security guard of the nearby museum? No, I don't think so, because then he would have been wearing a uniform right? Or maybe he changes at his workplace...

OR WHAT IF HE'S ON THE SAME MAFIA AS IAN!? Am I merely going to see Chase's workplace or is this the end of my life? If it is, in my will I shall add that I've left a hundred dollars in the-

"What are you thinking about?" Asks Chase, cutting me off from my thoughts.

"Just about where you work," I tell him.

"You'll love it Nerdy Bum," he says with a chuckle.

Suddenly the car pulls to a stop and he kills the engine. He gets out of his side and shuts the door. I unclamp the seat belt on my own and feel the door for the latch. But Chase opens my side before I can, and in one smooth fluid movement he picks me up around my waist and his other hand holds the underside of my knees.

"Chase!" I squeak in surprise. "Chase, put me down!"

He chuckles and his grip tightens as he repositions me such that I feel the hard planes of his chest pressed into my cheek. "Chase put me down, or I'll remove the blindfold!"

"No. Just don't do that, Nerdy Bum," he says and hoists me higher up. "Trust me, won't you?"

I fall limp and the initial fear of being swept up, leaves. I relax into his hold, (a little curiously though) as he carries me to who knows where.