11 | sour patch

For the underdogs,

'If you're an underdog, physically disabled, mentally disabled, if you don't fit in, or if you aren't as pretty as the others, you can still be a hero"

- Steve Guttenberg
_

_________

CH 11

I'm balancing my phone between my ear and my shoulder, as I'm talking to Alex about some trivial issues, all the while trying to tie my knit infinity scarf around my neck.

Multitasking level - Fae Calligan.

Okay maybe it isn't that much, but you get my drift.

Suddenly, Alex asks me for my address and I laugh.

"What are you shipping something over?" I ask cheekily. "I'm in need of a new set of Prism colour pencils, oh and that new Mac Lip Crayon and...and maybe just a thousand dollars in cash. Yeah? Sounds good?"

I hear his chuckle from the other end of the line. "I'll keep that in mind," he says. I tell him my address and then I walk over to spray some Vanilla body mist.

"Gosh, you should really smell me right now Alex, I smell like a vanilla cupcake."

"You know how much I hate vanilla, don't you Fae?" he asks sounding irritated.

"Hating vanilla, is a crime."

"Whatever," he says with a laugh. "Guess I'm a criminal now. Anyways, I gotta go in a minute. We've got soccer practice now. and coach's pretty pissed at me. I'll catch up with you later, Fae."

I bid him goodbye and then shove my phone into my wristlet. After I spend some time inspecting my outfit in my mirror, I head outside to where Chase has been waiting for me, for about half an hour.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

He's lying on the hood of his car, earphones plugged in, and his eyes closed. If you looked close enough you could see that his head was doing the tiniest of movements in rhythm to the song.

To be honest he looks ravishing. He's wearing a v-neck, black, full sleeve t-shirt, and suddenly an idea comes up in my head.

I grin like a maniac and bend down to pluck out a long blade of grass. I stand between his outstretched legs, poised and ready to insert the grass into his nostril.

"Dont even think about it, Nerdy Bum."

My eyes widen. "How did you...what the hell Chase? How did you know that?" I ask with a glare and I cross my arms over my body.

He opens his eyes and then plucks out the earphones from his ears. "I'm multi-skilled, duh."

"Sure whatever," and I surge forward and plunge the blade of grass into his nostril, anyway.

"What the hell," he says and scrabbles at his nose, which ends up with the grass going further up his nostril.

And then his eyes begin to water as he finally pulls out the grass. "I am so *sneezes* going to, *sneezes*, kill you!" he yells and then sneezes again.

And lemme tell you. Chase has these really weird sneezes. They're not like the usual, 'achoos', but they're more like a 'garrumphakrack'!

"Get in," he orders with a red face.

I laugh and get inside, "Okay, Sneezy Bum."

Now I'm sure that one day he's going to get back at me for all this, but for now, I'm going to savour his red face and the way he's trying to look intimidating.