E P I L O G U E

[A/N]

|| Read the prologue first ||

_____________

"And that is our story," I finish, as I place the last dish that has been washed, next to the other ones that have to be taken to the dryer.

Of course the entire story wasn't told to Kathy on that one day. No. It was rather told as small snippets, little conversations here and there as she grew into the beautiful sixteen year old that she is now.

And every little bit out our story, I can proudly say, helped her become the girl that she is, now.

"It's done?" She asks, leaning back down onto the table in the kitchen. "Well what happened to Lennox? And everyone else?"

"They all have their own stories, but that's all for another day." I walk over the kitchen and take a seat next to her. "So are you talking to Jake now?"

She rolls her eyes. "Just a little, but I'm still pissed at him."

"Remember, there was a time when Chase forgot about a date as well. Stuff like that happen all the time."

"Meh, I guess. But as Aunty Layla says, I'm going to take a deep breath, sit back and wait for everything to fall into place."

I stare at her in pride. "That's right."

The doorbell rings and I shuffle towards it. I open the door and Chase walks inside, looking exhausted. "Tough day?"

"Extremely tough one," he says giving me a kiss.

"Guess what, though. Today I finally finished our story," I say as I take his briefcase away.

"Ahh, I'm glad that story even started in the first place," he says, loosening his tie and taking a seat next to Kathy.

"Do you remember how it began?" I ask, as I place a plate of pasta in front of him.

He takes a large portion of the pasta on his fork, as I wait in awe for his reply. He shouldn't muck up. Not in front of Kathy.

"Well? Do you?" I ask frantically.

He laughs. "I was just seeing your reaction. Of course I remember. It all started with the love of - "

"Nerds," we say with a smile.

___________ACTUAL END OF THE STORY___________