30 | candy hearts

For myself,

"You've actually written a full-fledged novel. Be proud, child."

- aspir.

__________

CH 30

A wide smile makes its way onto my face when I look at my mom. She looks a little better, and doesn't have the same deprived and hollow look that she had the last time I visited her.

"Mom," I say as I watch her taking a seat in front of me.

She tentatively lifts her head from the desk and gives me a weak smile. "How are you, Fae?" She asks, her fingers holding on tightly to the desk.

"Excited," I say, before launching into the news about Paris. I'm without a fear that I would have possessed if I were talking to her about fulfilling my dreams as a fashion designer, before she went into prison. But now, she actually looks proud.

"I'm so happy for you, Fae," she croaks out at last, and wipes a tear.

I look over at Hamilla and after noticing that she's chomping down on some cookies, I lean my hand forward and press my mothers fingers. "Thank you, mom."

She squeezes my fingers back. "So do you want anything? Anything at all from Paris?"

She looks at me hesitatingly. "Actually Fae, there is something."

Chase visibly shifts behind me.

"What is it, mom?"

"Bail me out, Fae. Please bail me out. I promise, I've changed. And..." She presses her hands together. "I really want to be with you."

My heart stutters at her words. I knew that one day, I would definitely bail her out, but to have her ask me to do it; it shows how much she really wants this.

"Of course mom. It will be the first thing I do after I return from Paris."

She smiles, and her eyes brim up with what is quite clearly, tears of joy.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

It's the morning before the flight and I'm frantically packing things into my suitcase, throwing them in a haphazard manner.

"Hey!" Layla says in a reprimanding tone as a pair of winter boots clunk her on her head on the way to the suitcase.

"Oops," I say with a sheepish grin as I pick them up and properly place them in the suitcase. I quickly toddle around the room, looking for things that I should have packed, and then I peep into the bathroom as well.

"You've got everything! You're fine," she drawls out lazily.

At last I stand near the suitcase, peer into it, and then I take a deep breath and snap it shut. "Now I've got to pack my hand luggage," I say, before taking out my large Louis Vuitton handbag from under the bed. I then proceed to stuff it with the most essential items, including a spare jacket.

Once I'm done, I stand up and survey the room for a last time. Then I pick up Crookshanks before giving her a hug. "I'm going to miss you, you cuddle bug," I say as I bury my nose into her fur. "Okay remember you feed her three times a day, and give her only milk before she sleeps."

Layla nods with a smile. "Now are you ready to leave to the airport?"

I nod happily, as I pick up my suitcase.

XxX XxX XxX XxX

We're all at the airport now, bidding our goodbyes. Aunty Vanessa convinced Uncle Ted to leave from his office early so he could say good bye to me as well.