Chapter 20

Samantha P.O.V

Why? Why? Why? I thought I had enough of this guy!

I inched closer, clutching onto my file with my sweaty palms. With every step I took my brain tried to switch to the opposite direction to run and get the fuck out of here, but not even that could escape his piercing gaze. He stalked me to his desk...One...Two...Three...I stopped when I was a few centimeters away from his desk.

"Good morning, sir." My voice was calm however a slightly higher pitch than normal. 

"Good morning, Miss Gale." Oh, it feels kinda weird for him to call me that. He gestured towards the leather seat opposite him as he took his. "So, you're applying to be my personal assistant..." He sipped his coffee but his eyes remained on me. Paranoid, I straightened my back and pursed my lips. "You'll be my personal assistant alright." He mumbled under his breath and smirked. How I wanna smack that disgusting grin off his face.

"Excuse me, did you say something?" Baffled, I eyed him suspiciously. 

He ignored me and grabbed my file that was on his desk. After a couple of skims he slammed the file down onto the desk, causing me to jolt. "You are qualified enough for the job. You can start from today." 

"But, sir, you didn't read the whole CV..."

"Miss Gale, are you underestimating my faith in your capability to fulfill your job correctly?" He asked, his hands still wrapped around my file.  I parted my mouth to object but instead I shook my head.

"Good, now i'll give a contract to sign." He opened his drawer and the contract magically appeared from it. He wrote my name down in some places and then passed the paper towards me. "Please sign here..." He offered me his pen "...and sign here..." I signed both spaces and gave him the contract. 

"What is my salary?" I bit my lip but didn't dare to gaze at him.

"£38K" Woah...that's not bad, it's above average. I smiled to myself.

"You may start right now if you wish." A soft twinkle gleamed in his eyes, one eyebrow raised waiting for my response.

"Sure." I gave him a small smile and proceeded to walk out his office.

"Samantha, wait...Take these files down to your new office and start recording them onto our database. Mrs Bentley will show you to your office and explain everything else you need to know." Dramatically, his voice switched from reassuring and friendly to authoritative and professional. When I looked away from him, I saw a huge pile of folders and paperwork stacked up. He's expecting me to do that? On my first day, too? You've got to be kidding me... I sighed and stomped towards the monstrous tower and scooped it up. The pile was higher than my neck so I couldn't hold it down with my chin. Without glancing back, I strode towards the door and walked out of it. 

45 minutes later....

Mrs Bentley (a very ardent and amiable women-bless her), settled me into my office and explained to me every single detail (like what the boss likes and dislikes, when to come to work, when my breaks are and blah blah blah). You know what I mean...

 I was on my last record before...Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring! The phone buzzed and cried out.

"Yes sir?....Uh huh......Yeah sure." I put the phone down and ran out my office. I jogged to the kitchen next to my office, only to find a bunch of people having a laugh.

"You must be the new PA, right? Hi, I'm Brandon." The hot blonde one instantly turned to face me and shook my hand.  The other three waved and carried on with their own business. 

"I'm Samantha." I smiled with my pearly white teeth. "Uh quick question, where's the coffee?" I asked as I looked through all the silver drawers. 

"Over there." Hottie pointed towards the the cabinet next to him, which I didn't bother looking through. He chuckled.

"Ahh...thanks." Redness flushed to my cheeks. I  must have looked like a tomato. Oh gawd... 

"So what's a girl like you doing working for an asshole like him?" He inquired, his voice was slightly gruff from the tea he was drinking. 

"What's that suppose to mean?" I tried to laugh it off but his expressions remained serious.

"Mmm let's just say with looks like yours, you could be a very successful model."

"Ha-ha thanks but no thanks. That's just asking for trouble. I wouldn't wanna let the fame get to me." I scoffed. 

"Wow really? It would be better than working here. Every single PA the boss has had within the past 8 years has quit. He's a really demanding person and if matters don't get done his way...well I don't think you'd want to see that side of him..." Now this dude was scaring me.

"What's the longest a PA had worked for him?" 

"2 weeks." I gulped at those two shocking phrases. Two weeks? Two flipin weeks? This dude must really be a bull buster. "Thanks for your warm welcome, Brandon." I fake smiled and glared at him.

"I'm only informing ya." He raised his arms up in the air as if he wasn't guilty. "I'll see ya around." He winked and then strolled off. 

I finished making his coffee and carefully walked back like I was taking part in an egg and spoon race, so that I didn't spill it. When I went to open the door, I heard Gregory screeching at someone. I jumped almost burning my hands with piping hot coffee. I knocked on the door and he stopped screaming. There was no response. 

"Come in." I heard his muffled stern voice. 

"Sir, I've got your coffee." His enraged eyes softened when he saw me. I placed the coffee on his desk and asked "Is there anything else you need?" 

"No. I've got to go somewhere. Can you schedule my meeting for Monday 9.50 am?" Grabbing his blazer and phone he rushed out of the office, leaving me in there staring at his coffee? I was tempted to drink it. Should I drink it? Ugh, fuck it. I grabbed the mug and walked back to my office. I sipped some of the insipid liquid. He won't mind will he?

"Samantha?" I heard his footsteps getting closer to my door. Shit! Where do I put the coffee?? Before he could reach my door, I shoved the mug behind me and sat on the desk covering it. He pushed the door open. "Change the schedule for the meeting to 8.00 in the morning?" I nodded at him and he walked down the corridor again. I was about to close the door until his voice echoed "Keep the mug!" My mouth gaped open slightly. How did he know I had his coffee? I laughed it off and went back to work.