Chapter 8

Dalila was all packed. She sat on the edge of her bed crying. She didn't even know if she was gonna get to see Fili. About that time there was a knock on her door. In walked Fili.
"Oh Fili I'm so glad to see you. I was scared you wouldn't come and I'd never see you again." She sobbed. Fili ran to her and hugged her.
"Of course you'll see me again. I know the family you're going to. They're very nice. When I'm big I'll come get you." He promised her.
"Ok. I'll be waiting for you."

Someone else knocked on the door. It was Thorin this time.
"Dalila it's time. They're here for you." She hugged Fili tighter.
"Take care of Kili for me. Be nice to him." She whispered in his ear.
"I will....for you. Not because I like him. I still want a puppy."
"And don't be mean to Thorin. He's still your uncle."
"Ok." He said letting her go. Thorin grabbed her bags and carried them out for her. The children followed.

The family was one of the richest in Ironhill, the Dacks. They had no children. Lady Dack couldn't have any. At the sight of Dalila her eyes swelled with tears of joy. She ran to her and hugged her.
"Oh you're so beautiful!" She exclaimed. Dalila didn't know how to respond. The only person to ever treat her this way was Dís. She decided to hug back. It was a good decision because Lady Dack decided she was the sweetest girl she'd ever met.
"Say your goodbyes Dalila." Lord Dack told her. Dalila turned to Dìs.
"Thank you for being my mommy." She told her.
"It was my pleasure honey. But now you have a new mommy. But I'll always be here if you need me." Dìs hugged her. She was going to miss the little girl deeply. And she knew it was going to be a rough while with her son. He would miss her more than anyone else.

Next was Thorin. Thorin bent down and hugged her. She hugged him back and whisper in his ear.
"I know why you're sending me away. It's because I'm not a princess. And princes can only play with other princes and princesses. Don't worry I'm not mad at you." Thorin sighed at these words.
"That's not all. I'm sending you away because you need a real home with a real mommy and daddy." He told her.

She turned towards Fili and hugged him tightly. The young prince hugged back and a tear slipped down his cheek. He was going to miss her so. He'd do anything if she could stay.
"Don't forget about me." She begged him. Her biggest fear wasn't not seeing him again but seeing him again and him not remembering her.
"I could never. Don't forget me."
"Never." She said quietly.

She was fixing to leave when more dwarves stumbled out of the bushes. It was Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Dwalin, and Balin. She ran to Bofur and hugged him. She just loved his hat. She was going to miss seeing it. And she also loved him. She loved all these dwarves. They all played a big impact in her life.

"It will be alright lassie. If you need anything you know where to come." He told her. She nodded. She hugged all the other dwarves.
"If I see you again Bombur, will you tell me more stories about my father?" She asked before she got in the carriage.
"When you see me next time I'll tell all the stories about your father." He promised her.
"I'd like that." She smiled.

"Come along Dalila. We must go." Lord Dack said. He might sound rude and mean but he is a very kind and loving man. She nodded.
"Goodbye." She said.
"Goodbye." They replied and waved. The carriage took off. All the dwarves left except Fili and Thorin. Fili watched the carriage until it rounded the corner. When he couldn't see it any longer he realized his friend was gone. He chased after the carriage.
"Dalila!! Please come back!" He shouted. He ran as fast as he could. And he would've kept running if Thorin hadn't caught him. Which was quite a workout for Thorin. He's not the young dwarf he use to be. He was breathing heavily when he caught him.
"Fili enough! She's gone."
"I know!" He cried in his Uncles chest. "I'm sorry." Thorin mumbled. He knew what his nephew was going through all to well....

That night all the dwarves in the Blue Mountains mourned for Dalila. Even though she wasn't dead they missed her so deeply it effected their daily lives for quite sometime.

But one dwarf in particular went home that night and drank all the alcohol he could get. He sang songs merrily and danced one minute and was crying like a baby the next. This dwarf missed Dalila more than the rest. Well, him and Fili might have tied.

Fili cried himself to sleep, he did this for a couple months. But that night he held his baby brother for the first time since he spit up on him. He looked at his brothers bright eyes and they reminded him of Dalila's. They danced like hers. Kili's little grin even reminded Fili of Dalila's smile. Kili was always happy like Dalila was. At first this made Fili sad but then he realized something and it made him happy, he realized Kili was the only thing he had left of Dalila. Kili was the only happiness Fili had left.
"I'll always protect you." Fili promised Kili. And he tended to keep that promise. Even if it was the last thing he did.....