Chapter 30

"Are you sure you'll be alright?" Bofur asked Dalila the next morning. She was going to the market by herself for the first time.
"Yes Bofur I'll be fine." She assured him. She grabbed her basket and left. Bofur had a bad feeling but he shrugged it off. After all, she's just going to the market.

Dalila was in the bakery buying bread. A piece of paper fell in her basket. She picked it up and read it. It said...
Dalila,
meet me at our special place.
Love, Fili
Dalila smiled to herself. She was so lucky to have such an amazing dwarf in her life. She hurried on and paid for her things. She didn't even bother stopping home to put her things away. She went straight to the pond. But Fili wasn't there.
"Maybe he's just running late or thought I'd take longer in town." Dalila thought. She sat down in front of the tree and closed her eyes.

She had been sitting there a good while when she felt someone's hands cover her eyes and lift her up. At first she thought it was Fili but she knew it wasn't him. This person was to rough.

"Excuse me." She said. Maybe it was Kili or someone pulling a prank. But it wasn't. The person grabbed her and flung her over his shoulders. It was an orc. She tried to scream but another shoved a rag in her mouth. She kicked until they bounded her legs. The even tied her wrist together! When they got out of sight they put her on a pony in front of someone.

"We meet again Dalila." He said.
"Who are you and what do you want?" She spat.
"I'm a defiler."
"What do you want?"
"The head of every Durin."
"What have they done to you?" She asked him horrified. She picture Fili, Kili, and Thorin's head mounted on a wall. To answer her question he showed her his arm.
"Oakenshield is the reason it's gone." He growled.

He put the rag back in her mouth before she could say more. They rode back to the Orc hideout.