Chapter 77

"What does this mean Bofur?" Thorin questioned.
"I think we both know what this mean."

"Darila is....alive." Thorin says slowly mainly to himself. All these years he searched for her and he was starting to lose hope. Maybe now all of his hardwork will be paid off. Darila must have a good explanation. She loved him. She would not just leave him....right? Thorin sighed and tried to shake the thoughts out of his head. 

"I think you need to speak to your daughter on this matter." Bofur said.

"That might be best. I was thinking....what if she knew Anila was dead? What if she made it for Dalila?" Thorin suggested.

"I guess that is possible. It is black. Maybe it means she's still mourning Anila. Only one way to find out."

"I'm going now. I don't know when I'll return."

"Best of luck to ya Lad. If you need anything you know where the door is." Bofur put a hand on the King's shoulder.

"Are you going to tell me what happened at the funeral?" Fili asked Dalila while stroking her hair.

"We buried Ragna." She whispered.

"I know that."

"I know." She sighed and sat up.

"You commented on my dress. Bofur said it's the signature stitching of the most skilled seamstress Erebor ever had. Thorin recognized it." She explained.

"I see."

"No you don't. This is Darila's stitching. It was sent for my Mother two weeks ago."

"That complicates things."

"Just a little." She scoffed.

"Darila's alive and she thinks your Mother is too."

"That's what it looks like."

"Or..."

"Or what?" She questioned.

"Or it was made for you. She knows where we are and she's never been here. She was lost with Erebor. Maybe she's been watching."

"That's possible. I hope she returns. She was Mother's best friend."
"You should ask Bofur about her. About everything. From beginning to end. Just you and him unless you want me there."
"You're right...."

"As always." He cuts her off with a smirk.

"But it'll have to wait. Kili needs you with him. Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. I know how I was when I thought you were dead. And throwing a child in the mix.... I can't imagine."

"You don't have to imagine. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

"Promise?"

"Promise." He kissed her hand.

A knock on the door gets there attention. Fili answers it.

"Hello Bofur."

"Hello Laddie! Is your Mother around?"

"In her room. Come in and I'll fetch her."

"Thank you Laddie!" Fili goes to his Mothers room.

"Hello Bofur." Dalila smiles.
"Well hello lassie! How are you holding up?"

"Well I suppose. Better than Kili."