Chapter 60

The dwarves are now safely home in the Blue Mountains. Dalila was at the Arkin house taking care of Fili. She put him on bed rest so he'd heal faster.

"Dalila I'm fine. I need to go hunting."
"Fili you're just now able to walk a little better. You're staying in bed. I need you fully healed." She sat by him.
"If I have to lay here you do too." He pulled her down.
"Alright. I'll lay with you for awhile."
"Are you alright? You look kind of pale."
"I'm fine. I was a little sick this morning but your mom said it must be because the journey home was long and I'm just tired."
"You need rest. You're not leaving this bed till I see improvement. Two can play this game." He smirked.

-In Mirkwood-

"I understand you're upset but you still have to live your life." Thranduil said to Legolas.
"She was my life Ada."
"There's something I need to tell you. I don't know how it will make you feel. But you need to know."
"What is it?" Legolas looked hopeful.
"Dalila was ill when she left."
"What do you mean? Is she alright?"
"Yes she's quite alright. But she was showing signs of...pregnancy."
"You mean she's pregnant? With my child?"
"If you did your job right then yes."
"I have to go after her. She's with my child I can't give up. I don't want some dwarf man raising my child."
"Indeed. But you must be careful. I don't want some dwarf man killing my only child." Thranduil warned him.
"I will. No dwarf can kill me."
"If Dalila doesn't come back with you don't fret. If the child is yours you will see it." Thranduil said.
"I'm sure she will. When the dwarf prince learns what happened between us and she's pregnant he'll make her leave. She lost her dignity."

Legolas packed a small bag and headed out to find Dalila.

What's going to happen? Is she really pregnant? What will Fili and the others say? Read more to find out!