Chapter 46

Astrid and Bofur went to Mirkwood. They just got their. King Thranduil welcomed Bofur. They lead him to Dalila's chambers. He knocked on the door. Dalila slowly opened it and peeked through to see who it was. She was shocked to see Bofur.

"Bofur?! What are you doing here?!"
"To see you of course. Are you going to let me in?"
"Oh yes of course! Come in!" She opened the door for him. They hugged. Bofur looked at her face and he could tell she'd been crying.
"Lassie what's the matter? Why have you been crying so?"
"It's nothing."
"Please tell me. I'll be worried sick if you don't."
"It's just that..."
"Just tell him Dalila." Astrid said.
"Fine. I found a letter Fili wrote to Thranduil. It said he never loved me. He used me. He thanked Thranduil for taking me off his hands. And he invited him to his wedding in July. He's marrying Chala. He doesn't love me Bofur." She hugged him and cried in his chest.

Bofur was furious. He already had Fili's death planned out. He would have Bombur sit on him. Yes, that would work. But he stayed calm for the sake of his daughter.
"Oh Lass, I'm so sorry. Fili doesn't deserve you. It's his lost really. Please don't cry over him. You'll find someone real soon. Every dwarf man I know thinks you're beautiful." He comforted her.
"Thank you. Actually there's someone else here. He asked me to court him but I haven't responded yet. I don't know if I really like him yet."
"There's another dwarf here?"
"No."
"It's an elf?!"
"Yes."
"You're talking to an elf?!"
Yes, his name is Legolas."
"You're talk to the prince of the elves?!"
"Yes." Bofur was furious. No daughter of his was going to talk to an elf. Prince or not. But he looked at her face. She was scared of his reaction and very upset. He sighed.
"If you care for him and he cares for you then I'm fine with it. But I want to meet the Lad."
"Thank you! You can meet him tonight at dinner. But like I said, I don't know if I really like him. I'm-I'm still in love with Fili."

While this was going on Astrid was going through with her plan. She grabbed Dalila's journal and flew back to the Blue Mountains.

What's Astrid's plan? What's in the journal that's so important? What will Bofur think of Legolas? Will Dalila accept Legolas's offer?