Chapter 68

After the kitchen was cleaned Dalila and Ragna left. Kili and Fili went to the living room to talk to Thorin.
"What'd you want to talk about Uncle?" Kili asked knowing good and we'll what he wanted.
"I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count." Thorin answered rolling his eyes.
"Just making sure we're on the same page."
"What are you thinking?" Thorin asked Kili, ignoring his previous statement.
"That I love her."
"Get your act together. She's a servant."
"I don't care. Love is love and you can't help who you fall in love with." Kili defended himself.
"I won't allow it."
"You didn't allow me and Dalila either. Remember what all became of that? This is Kili. He's more reckless than me. The outcome will be ten times worse." Fili stood up for Kili. Thorin sighed. He knew Fili was right. He just wanted the best for his nephews.
"Fine. Do what you want. But if it ends bad, don't come crying to me."
"Thank you Uncle! Truly!" Kili smiled. Thorin nodded.

That night Kili knocked on Fili's chamber door.
"Come in." Fili called. He was sitting on the side of the bed with only his trousers on. Kili walked in.
"Need something?" He asked Kili.
"No. I just wanted to say thank you for standing up for me. If you didn't who knows what would've happened." Kili said sincerely.
"Don't thank me. It's my duty as your brother. I know you'd do that same for me. I don't want you to have to go through everything I go through. I want you to learn from them."
"I'll always stand up for you. That's what brothers do." Kili said smiling.