>Ready?<> Chapter 10 <

Less than one week later

Max's POV

"You ready?" I ask Patty as we grab our luggage from the airport.

"Yeah. It would've been nice to know that your mum lives in New fucking York before we flew out here." He jokes back to me. It is a large city but I've lived here for almost a decade, it's not that big of a deal to me.

"Sorry, I didn't want to make you nervous by saying that we're going to such a big city so I kind of avoided it." I explain, realizing how stupid my thought process was.

"It's fine, lets grab a taxi to where ever we're going." Patty says.

"Oh, my mom is going to pick us up. She doesn't live in the city per say and a taxi driver wouldn't exactly fancy driving 45 minutes out to her neighborhood." I laugh. He says 'okay' and we go to sit down and wait for my mom to arrive which, luckily, only ends up being about 15 minutes.

"Hi you two! Max I haven't seen you in forever, and it's so nice to finally meet you Patty." My mom greets us as we out our luggage in her trunk and climb into the backseat of her car. We both say our hellos and my mom also shares some news. "Oh I'm so sorry you two but I got an emergency call to the hospital tonight to work as a fill in for part of the night shift so I'll be gone from now until about 1:00am. I hate to have to leave as soon as you get here and for six whole hours but I have to, sometimes being a nurse messes up your personal life." She explains. We tell her that's it's fine that she'll be gone and that we'll be okay while she isn't there. I know I'm in my twenties so the shouldn't be worrying about me as much as she is but she's a mom, it's her job.

"Bye Ms. Russell, it was nice meeting you." Patty smiles as my mom drives away. "So, six hours, an empty house, and jet lag. It sure is good that my sleeping schedule has been major fucked and I've been going to sleep around 6am." Patty laughs and I agree with him. We both have really messed up sleeping schedules so, we'll probably go to sleep around 1:00am New York time, right around when my mom will get home.

"What can we do with the next 1/4 of the day?" I ask in a sigh, laying down on the guest bed which will, I guess, belong to me and Patty for the next week.

"This." Is all he says before climbing on top of me and colliding our lips. I wrap my hands around his neck and pull him down closer, feeling a smirk spread across his lips. His hands flow down to my hips and his lips down to my neck.

I hum in response and he soon pulls away. "I just realized Max, we're in your god damn mom's house." Patty laughs as he pulls away.

"I'm not the one who came onto you Mr. Walters." I smile back at him as he lays down next to me.

"What shall we do since we're here?" Patty asks. I really don't want to go out because I'm exhausted from the flight and everything so I ask Patty if he would just want to watch some movies and hangout.

"Yeah, sure. I don't want to raid your mum's kitchen so I'm leaving the job of making popcorn up to you." Patty says, poking my arm before sitting up on the bed.

"Ugh, fine." I exaggeratively sigh even though I have absolutely no problem with doing so. The big TV me and my mom used to watch movies on is in the basement and the basement stairs are right next to the living room." I tell him and he nods before walking out of the room.

I saunter over to the kitchen and find a bag of butter free popcorn. I go ahead and check the ingredients and its vegan so we can actually eat it.