>Sky<> Chapter 12 <

Patty's POV

"Boo." I breathe after the movie ends. Not in order to scare Max, just to make a little joke.

"Fuck off." She laughs as she walks up to the tv and takes out the DVD. "My mom is home." Max says. I was going to question her how she knew but I immediately heard the garage door opening, meaning her mom is coming into the garage.

"I shall go greet her, wish to join?" Max asks as she walks towards the stowed to leave.

"Yeah, I'll come with." I respond as I get up from the couch and follow her upstairs.

"Madre has returned." Max smiles with a small laugh as she hugs her mom.

"Yes she has, and now she will cook so people can eat." Her mom laughs back as she puts her purse down on the mud area.

"Okay, well, we will get out of your way and go to..." Max says, turning on her heels to face me for an answer.

"The basement to watch more movies?" I respond as a question. She agrees and we go back down to the large, nearly empty, room. We both discover that there is actually a pool table in a back separate corner of the room and decide to play a round or two of pool.

I win the first round and she won the second. After those two games were already pretty tired of it and agree to sit down and watch another movie while her mom cooks.

"Why don't we do something tonight? Like something really fun." I ask her about half way through the movie.

"There's a carnival about half an hour away. Well not exactly a carnival because it's not traveling or anything, more so an amusement park." She informs me. I think it would be really fun and ask her if she would be interesting in going.

"Yeah I would, maybe we can go later tonight, like around seven o-" she suggests but is cut off by her mom opening the door at the top of the basement stairs.

"Dinner is ready." Max's mom says with a soft voice before closing the door and walking away from the basement.

"Let's go get some food. Then maybe finish this movie and go to the amusement park." I offer and she nods in acceptance. We walk over to the basement stairs and pull ourselves up them, sauntering into the kitchen.

"Oooh, lasagna." Max smiles as she looks at the stove top.

"Yes, lasagna indeed. Also I made vegan lasagna for you Patty." Her mom smiles as she gestures to a slightly smaller glass dish before taking her plate of food and walking over to the couch to sit down and watch tv while she eats. Me and Max agree to just eat at the bar.

"Here, I'll get you a plate out of the cabinet, the forks are right in front of you." Max informs me as she walks over towards another cabinet.

I pick up the fork and cut my self out a piece of the lasagna and put it on the plate Max just gave me.

I go to sit down at the bar and she follows me after getting herself some dinner too. "I decided to try some of the vegan stuff." She tells me as she cuts into her food. "I mean, if that's okay with you, I left plenty over on the stove top for you if you end up wanting more." She stutters with her face drooping into one of sadness.

"Oh no no you're fine. It's really good too. Also I'm only going to eat all that's on my plate so help yourself to the vegan lasagna." I smile, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

Once we eat, we go back downstairs and finish the movie before going out to the amusement park.

Max says she can drive us there in her moms car. Her mother, according to Max, won't mind because she isn't going anywhere for the rest of the night.