>Festive<> Chapter 16 <

Patty's POV

We get back to the house and immediately walk up into my room. I still don't know what happened when we were out. Was she crying because of something I did? I hope not. I won't bring it up the second we get into my room, I'll wait a few minutes.

Max walks into the room after me and while I stay standing up she is quick to sit down on my bed. I know I said I'd wait a few minutes but I can't stand seeing Max sad like this. "Do you want to talk about what happened? I just want to know why you were crying. Is it because of something I did?" I ask as I wrap an arm behind her back.

She bites her lip and twiddles her fingers like she does when she gets nervous. "To be honest, I don't even know why I was crying but I know that it wasn't you so don't worry. I-I, uhh, I just don't know. I think I may have just had a spacing out moment." Max explains and I nod along.

"And I'm sorry but I do have to ask, why were you apologizing for crying?" I question her. When she said that it made me very very concerned. She pauses for a long while before responding.

"I-I just thought you may be... May be angry or upset with me for crying. I understand why if you are." She explains as she looks back down towards the bed. I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly.

"Max I will never ever be upset or mad at you for crying, please don't ever think that I would be. Did I do something that made you think this?" I ask her, trying to think of any time I may have come across as angry at her when she had gotten sad or cried and I can't think of any.

"Oh no no, you never did anything. I just- I don't know. It's complicated, it's a really bad habit of mine where I over apologize and it's gotten to the point where since I assume most things are my fault I also assume that people are always mad at me. Don't worry about it, I've been trying to fix it." She explains and I'm glad she did, a lot more things make sense now.

"Well I would never be mad at you for being upset, so please don't think that. I love you Max." I say as I push my lips up against hers. When I pull away, she says 'I love you too.'

"Let's just try to forget about it, is that okay?" I ask and she nods.

"I think I'm going to go take a shower." She says and she stands up and walks over towards the bathroom connected to my room. I stand up and begin to follow her. "Mind if I join?" I ask and she shakes her head no, signifying that she doesn't care. I turn around and grab two towels from the linen closet and set them down on the bathroom counter.

When I walk back in, Max's shirt is lying on the floor and once she's sees that I see her she blushes deeply. I take one of her wrists in my hand and wrap my other hand around the back of her neck as I lean in and kiss her. "Don't feel embarrassed." I say in an attempt to comfort her and she nods.

Once we both undress we step inside of the shower that is pouring out very warm water. Max steps under the water and leans back to wet her hair. She goes to grab a bottle of shampoo but I take it before she can. She opens her eyes and looks at me confused. "Turn around." I say and she does so.

I squeeze out some shampoo and begin to massage it through her hair, making huge bubbles appear. She turns back around and rinses all of the shampoo out of her hair and then turns back around so that she's facing away from me. I take some conditioner and run it through her hair before laying all of her hair over one of her shoulders. On the other side of her neck, I lean down and kiss her shoulder as I place my hands on her hips.

"I love you." I say so that it's just barely audible over the water running.

"I love you too." She smiles back.