>Scars<> Chapter 20 <

One week later

Max's POV

"Max, wake up." A familiar voice says from behind me as my shoulder is being lightly shaken.

"Yes?" I mumble as I sit up in the bed and see Patty laying next to me.

"Its December first, you know what that means." He says excitedly.

"I do?" I ask, not exactly knowing what he's implying.

"Advent calendars." He states as I sit up on the bed. "And there is not a single one in the entire house so we need to go get some." Patty states.

"Ugh, what time is it?" I ask. I am not ready to get up and go somewhere right now.

"Max it's 11:32, why are you so tired?" He laughs.

"How are you not? We didn't go to sleep until like 3am."

"That's still over eight hours of sleep." Patty points out, still with a laugh in his voice.

"Fine, I'll get up." I sigh as I stand up. "I'll be right back." I say as I open the door of his bedroom and walk into my room to brush my teeth and get dressed and such. I'm not making any effort to look good since I'm still exhausted so I just put on a pair of jeans and a hoodie of Patty's that I took from his room a few days ago. I put on a tad bit of mascara and concealer before I throw my hair up into a bun and grab my wallet from my nightstand.

I walk back into Patty's room and he is sat back on his bed, wearing jeans and a band tee with the ripped jean jacket he always wears when it's cold and a beanie over his messy hair.

"Let's go to Starbucks." I say as I stand in his door frame and he walks towards me.

"Okay." He agrees as we go down the stairs. Jason is sat on the couch watching movies.

"You sure are up early Jason." Patty laughs as we walk past him and into the kitchen where Patty grabs some car keys from the key holder.

"Does it count as being up early if you never went to sleep?" Jason asks.

"Fucking hell Jason, it's twelve in the afternoon." Luke laughs as he comes down the stairs.

"Is it really surprising?" Patty asks Luke as Luke runs into the kitchen, seemingly in a rush.

"Stop judging my shitty life choices!" Jason laughs from the living room.

"Why are you in such a rush?" I ask Luke as he grabs the keys to his car frantically.

"I was supposed to pick Emma up from the station about half an hour ago. Well, bye." Luke says as he opens the garage door.

"Have safe sex when you get back, we'll be gone." Patty turns around and shouts so Luke can hear him.

"Fuck you." Luke laughs as he closes the door and leaves the house.

"Let's go." Patty says to me and I nod. I follow him out of the garage door and we get into the SUV.

Fifteen hours later

Patty's POV

I wake up at sometime in the middle of the night, probably around 3:00am. What woke me up was the fact that Max was squirming violently and shaking her head back and forth and whimpering.

"Max, Max..." I say, shaking her arm to wake her up but it's unsuccessful. After about thirty seconds, she wakes up on her own by letting out a scream. "Shh shh... Max you're okay, calm down, I'm here." I say as she sits up in the bed and I wrap my arms around her. She starts panting but quickly regains a steady breathing point.