>Date<> Chapter 27 <

Twelve hours later

Max's POV

"Get up you two disgusting love birds." Karim near on shouts as he swings open the door to Patty's room abruptly and walks in. I groan and rub my eyes as I sit up on the bed, Patty does the same. "Okay, even I'm awake before you two, this is new. Well, anyways, Jason and I are about to go to Costco. You two, Luke, and Emma will be here alone. Bye." He says quickly.

"Damn, Karim and Jason are up before us, that's a bad sign that we slept in real late. What time is it?" Patty asks. I grab my phone from the ground and check the time.

"2:47 pm, it could've been worse." I sigh as I stand up from the bed.

"Hey, where are you going?" Patty mumbles with a fake pouty look on his face.

"Just to my room." I reply as I shrug my shoulders.

"You're leaving me?" Patty sighs.

"Calm down, I'm just brushing my teeth and fixing my hair. I won't be but five minutes." I laugh as I walk out of his room, into mine, and do what I said I was going to. Upon walking back into Patty's room I hear the garage door open, I assume that that's Jason and Karim leaving. "I have returned." I smile as I walk back over to the bed and lie down next to Patty.

"So you have. Are you hungry?" He asks.

"Yeah, do you want to just go downstairs and get something to eat?" I question he responds 'sure' so we get up and go downstairs into the kitchen to get some food. "How does pasta sound?"

"Awesome, I shall get the noodles if you would be so amazing as to get a pot and fill it with some water." Patty says as he disappears into the pantry to find some noodles so I get a small pot out from under the stovetop and fill it with some water and start to boil it.

Within about half an hour we finished our late lunch and went back up to Patty's room. "Other than dinner tonight is there anything else you want to go do?" Patty questions as we sit down on his bed.

"No, why? Is there something you're wanting to go do?" I ask him a little bit too fast and too concerned.

"No, I'm just asking. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, sorry, I-I didn't mean to sound so intensely emotional." I mumble with a small laugh. Patty lays down straight on the bed on his back and I lay down right next to him on my side. "So, whatcha wanna do?"

Patty starts talking and about midway through his first sentence my 'not really thinking my actions through'/impulsive side comes out for a second. I lean my head forward and forcefully bite the side of his neck, cutting him off and making him jump a little bit. "My god, what was that for?" He laughs.

"No reason, but it was funny to see you jump." I giggle, hiding my head slightly underneath his shoulder so he can't see my face.

"God, you're crazy. Anyway, as I was saying before you cut me off, maybe we could start watching 13 Reasons Why. It's a new Netflix original series thing and I've seen a few people tweeting about it recently and they all say it's really good." Patty explains.

"Oh yeah, I've heard about that. The girl, I think named Hannah, commits suicide and leaves behind tapes or something." I say with no real idea of what Patty's response may be.

"Well, here's how Netflix sums up the first episode." Patty says as he points to the given description of the episode on his laptop screen. "As the school mourns the death of Hannah Baker, her friend Clay receives a box of tapes with messages she recorded before she committed suicide." He says, pitting extra emphasis on the words Hannah, tapes, and suicide. "So yeah I guess you're right."