>Return<> Chapter 14 <

Three days later

Patty's POV

"Wake up Max, we're gonna have to go soon." I say to Max. My alarm had already gone off and woken me up but I'm a very light sleeper so I didn't have it set to be very loud. Max had slept through it. "Max, come on." I whisper, beginning to kiss down the side of her neck.

"Hmm..." She groans and buries her face into the pillow.

"Wake up." I laugh before she finally opens her eyes. "Good morning, babe." I finally smile before sitting up on the bed.

"Ugh, what time is it?" Max asks as she rubs her eyes in her sleepy state.

"It's 9:48, we have a little bit less than an hour before we need to go so I recommend that you pack up the rest of your stuff." I say. She nods and gets out of bed to walk into the bathroom.

I already had all of my stuff packed from the night before so now all I need to put away my things like toothpaste and my toothbrush after I use them.

"The bathroom is all yours." Max mumbles as she rubs her eyes again. I walk into the bathroom while she goes back and sits down on the bed.

I brush my teeth, fix my hair situation, and put all of my stuff in my suitcase after getting dressed. When I walk back out, Max is wearing leggings and a hoodie for the long airplane ride back. "Nine hours, won't this be fun." I joke as I sit back down on the bed next to Max.

"Hey, well at least we'll be able to get some sleep." She shrugs as she plays with the sheets on the bed.

"We should probably go put our bags in the car and leave soon. We can get some breakfast in the airport." I recommend and she agrees so we walk off to the car with our bags rolling behind us.

Her mum is taking us to the airport so that she can drive right back. Also so she can spend a little bit more time talking and catching up with her daughter.

"You two about ready to go?" Max's mum asks as she walks into the garage.

"Yeah." Max smiles back in response before going to sit in the front passenger seat next to her mum so I go sit in the back of the car. The two begin to talk and I don't want to become part of the conversation since it's sort of a mother daughter time so I put on my headphones.

"Okay, you two be safe." Her mum says as we pull into a parking garage for a moment. She opens the trunk so we can get our bags out.

"Bye mom, I promise we'll come back sometime to visit." Max says as she hugs her mum tightly.

"You better." Her mum jokes in response. "And it was very nice being able to meet you Patty."

"Wonderful seeing you too Ms. Russell. Thank you for letting us stay." I thank her right before me and Max walk off to the main section of the airport.

Ten hours later

"We're back!" I shout as me and Max walk in the front door. I hear a few doors swing open and slam shut downstairs before Jason, Luke, Karim, and Emma come running down the stairs to greet us.

"I missed you so much." Luke says as he hugs me as tight as he possibly can and kissed my cheek.

"I missed you too dude." I laugh in response. Everyone gets a chance to hug everyone else before me and Max make our way upstairs. I check my phone and see that it's 11:34pm, we should go out somewhere for a little bit.

"Hey, I was thinking we could get some fresh air after being on that plane for nine hours and maybe go back to that park we went to a couple months ago." I suggest, referring to the park where I kissed Max for the first time.