Chapter 9

Liam had a bath with Chris. Zayn had gone back to his hotel room, happy with the invitation to come back more times. Liam washed Chris' hair and kissed his neck.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Tired. But good. That was good," Chris sighed happily. He sat patiently while Liam finished washing his hair. The water was so warm, and Liam was so close and Chris felt like this was all he needed. He leaned back against Liam and closed his eyes. "Did you like watching?"

"So hot. I was so turned on watching you take it like that," Liam mumbled. He kissed the top of Chris' head. Liam wanted to keep kissing Chris. All over. Every inch of his body deserved a kiss. But Liam would never do that. It wasn't something they agreed to when they started this. They agreed not to grow too attached. Chris had wanted to get laid and Liam promised he would have sex with him one day. That one day turned into a constant thing, and feelings grew. "How are your wrists?"

"Fine. I loved being restrained but Liam you don't understand how hard it is to be me and be restrained." Chris looked up at Liam and smiled. "Maybe one day I should tie you up."

"And what? Have your submissive ass take control? I don't think so." Liam laughed.

"My ass doesn't have an opinion Liam. It's an ass," Chris replied. "All it does is shit and take dick."

"That makes your ass slightly less appealing," Liam told Chris.

"I clean it."

"Jesus are we really having this conversation?"

"Sorry babe. You started it." And the smile Chris wore made it hard for Liam to pretend to be mad at him. Liam smiled again and gently kisses Chris on the lips. He wanted to keep kissing him. But not to be dirty. Just to kiss him. So he did. Liam kissed Chris again. And again. And again. He kissed all over Chris' face. And Liam wanted to talk. He wanted Chris to know he loved him. As soon as he started, Liam stopped kissing Chris and studied his face.

"Liam?" Chris questioned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," Liam said, blinking himself back into reality. "I was just thinking bout something."

"Thinking about what?" Chris asked.

"How now we'll have to be even more careful around the other boys. Who knows how Louis will react to this news." It had been on his mind earlier, but it was a good excuse.

"If he finds out just bug him about his groupies. At least you know I don't have a disease." Liam was holding chair tightly. And Chris loved the feeling of Liam's arms. Sometimes Chris wanted them to be something more. Just he didn't want to lose Liam.

Little did he know, Liam loved him too.

***

They recognized him. Hundreds of fans waiting outside the venue where the boys were going to be performing in under an hour. They all recognized Chris. They called to him, not having a name to call. They called to him and wondered who he was. But now they knew. Now they knew he was someone and not just a boy that went to a few concerts. He was someone important and the fans wanted to understand who he was. But they would never understand the fullness of who Chris was to Liam. They would never understand it because they would never listen. And because of that, he would always be a mystery.

Chris stood behind Liam. And for the first time ever he wished they had never met. For the first time in a while Chris felt small, the type of small that had threatened to squish him in the past. He regretted going to the show that night. He regretted so many things all because of what someone said.

"Kill yourself, fag. Liam doesn't care."

It was those words that set him off. Chris had tried to spot the girl that yelled it but quickly, Zayn was ushering him away. It was obvious he had heard it and it was obvious that it had struck some nerve in his body. His hands started to shake and Chris wanted to go back to the bath. Back to that morning where he felt safe and secure with Liam. He tried to remind himself that being out with the boys will always be a battle. They will always get things like this thrown at them. But he never thought that those words would be directed towards him because of a picture taken at an awkward angle.

They reached the inside of the venue and Chris broke into a run. He didn't know where he was going, but he could feel Zayn trying to keep hold of the back of his shirt. Chris kept running, but Liam took hold of him and pulled Chris into his chest.

"It's okay," Liam whispered. "You have to ignore that. You can't listen to them, Chris. Okay?" But Chris wasn't listening. And the other boys had noticed, and they were asking if he was okay. Liam ignored them, much like Chris ignored him. "Baby? Baby talk to me please." Chris' knees let out. Liam did not just do that. Chris and Liam sunk to the floor and Chris felt himself shutting down. This feeling hadn't come in so long. He hadn't felt so trapped in such a long time.

"Get away from me," Chris said. "Liam I can't breathe you're too close." But he could breathe. And he wanted Liam close. He wanted to stay in Liam's arms and to never move. But then Liam moved away from Chris. And the spell Chris felt was broken. He too stood up and looked around. "I'm okay," he said. "Trust me."

Everyone knew he wasn't.