Part Two

I Love You,
So Goodbye.

Each letter was put into a pile with other letters from that year, topped off with a different coloured ribbon to tie them all together.

Chris looked at them, tears in his eyes.

He was scared.

The last time he had done this it was to welcome Liam into his life. But he couldn't do that now. They didn't belong in the same world and what had happened was proof enough. Wiping his eyes Chris took one last look around the hotel room. Niall was waiting for him downstairs. He had to hurry if he was going to catch his flight.

Liam was out again. This time he was with that pretty girl, Sophia. Chris wanted to know what made her special. He wanted to know why Liam chose her instead of him but he already knew the answer.

Liam just didn't like boys the way Chris did. He had always known that was going to happen, and here he was. Paying the price of falling in love with his friend. His fuck buddy.

"I'm a fucking cliché," Chris had said once. "Just this isn't a story. And Liam isn't going to come around in the end. Even if he does, I'm not going to be that asshole who takes him back." And that's all there was to it. Chris was done with Liam. He was done with Liam's life of fame. With only a couple of Liam's shirts, Chris was leaving the rest behind.

He wasn't ready. But he wouldn't let Liam see his weakness.