Chapter 21

[I'm planning a sequel/spin-off for this book and ouCH.]

Niall was the first to enter Chris' condo only to stop dead in his tracks when he noticed Zayn standing next to Chris, holding Beau. Niall couldn't form words. He didn't expect this. Looking to Chris, Niall made a head motion as if to ask if Zayn was really there.

"Chris called me," Zayn said, noticing Niall's strange actions. "Said I needed to come."

"I'm saying goodbye to Liam," Chris said. "And it's time you guys say goodbye to Zayn as well." Niall looked at Zayn again, then walked over to look at the baby in his arms. Niall didn't know what to say. He would have prepared something if he had known Zayn would be there but I hadn't. Niall looked at the baby and smiled.

"Hi there," he said. Zayn knew what Niall was doing. He used to do it a lot when people would try to make him do things without him being prepared.

"Wanna hold him?" Zayn asked as Liam, Louis and Harry entered the condo.

"Please." Carefully Zayn handed Beau over to Niall.

"His name is Beau. Oasis is just getting changed." Zayn looked up and saw Louis staring at him. He gave his old friend a small nod that was not returned.

"Oasis." Niall found himself smiling at the name. He knew of it, just hearing it from someone else made it seem silly. As if no one else should say it but him. Niall looked at Zayn, smiling. "I like Oasis' name. Don't you?"

"It's quite interesting." Zayn wanted to say something more, but then Oasis himself made an appearance. He looked around and moved closer to Chris.

"Hi," Niall said. He took in the boy's features. His hair was blond and his eyes a beautiful green. "Is this your kid?"

"In a way," Oasis answered. "I take care of him, why?"

"He's really fucking cute." Niall looked at Oasis again. So this was the boy Chris had discovered. Niall took in his appearance. Oasis shifted awkwardly and looked around. He asked Niall for Beau back, and reluctantly Niall did. He was such a good baby. Niall didn't know what he liked more. Seeing Chris again or meeting Beau. Smiling, Niall returned to Harry's side. He then noticed the way Chris was watching Liam. Niall moved close to Harry, suddenly feeling stupid for being so excited. This wasn't a happy time. Liam was saying goodbye to Chris. And they were saying goodbye to Zayn. Sneakily, Niall grabbed Harry's hand.

"Can I talk to you in private?" Liam asked. He hasn't moved too close. He was too scared to do so.

"Bedroom?" Chris asked. He looked at Oasis. "Will you be okay?"

"Of course. I think Niall wants to spend more time with Beau."

"Thank you."

***

Liam sat in the edge of Chris' bed. His hands in his pocket to try and keep himself from doing something he'd regret. Chris was looking at Liam.

"I think I need to . . . Apologize." Liam started. "When Louis walked in, I was too scared to do anything. I was a coward for no reason and I hate myself for that." Chris came and sat next to him. He watched Liam's eyes. Chris reached out and touched Liam's shoulder. He opened his mouth and hesitated. Before Chris knew what was going on, Liam's lips were on his. Chris was lost for a second. But then he felt his body melting into Liam's, and he started kissing back. Chris moved onto Liam's lap. He wasn't dating Oasis. This wasn't cheating. Plus this was a goodbye.

"This is too much, isn't is?" Liam asked, mouthing at Chris' chin.

"M so hot and bothered." Chris brought Liam's lips back to his. He could feel himself getting hard. "Liam," Chris groaned.

"We shouldn't." Liam moved Chris back gently. "This is supposed to be a goodbye." But did they want it?

"I l- I love you."

"I love you so much, Chris." Liam couldn't help it. He kissed Chris again. And again. And they couldn't stop. It was a hunger that they had both denied for so long.

"Oasis," Liam said.

"Aren't together. Liam." Chris thrusted his hips down. "So hot."

"We shouldn't. They're all downstairs."

"Liam are we really over?"

"Do you want us to be?"

"No. I've never wanted anything more."

"Then no. We aren't."