Chapter 15

Two months after Liam lost Chris, he lost Zayn too. Zayn was done with the band. Liam knew there was something else behind what Zayn told them, but he couldn't ask Zayn about it because he was already gone. Liam was sitting in his room, trying to write a song. Harry sat at the end of Liam's bed strumming one of Niall's guitars.

"You okay?" Harry asked. "You've been droopy since Chris decided to go back to study." Liam had to lie to Harry. He told him that Chris had gone back to Canada to finish school, even though he would never do that. Chris hated school. It was never something he understood. No one there understood him either.

"I'm fine," Liam lied. "It's just, first Chris goes and then Zayn goes too. It's just a big shift in what I'm used to." Liam looked at Harry. He thought about telling him, because Harry would understand. Right? But then there was something in Liam's chest that stopped him. And he started to cry. Harry set the guitar down and went over to Liam.

"We can talk," Harry whispered. "What do you need?"

"I miss them," Liam said. "Harry I miss them and everything is pressing down on me right now because the fans expect so much from me. They think I'm the only one who can make things work. The one who can clear things up. But I can't.  I don't know why Chris yelled at fans but he's getting so much hate. And Zayn - I don't know why he did what h-he did but he's gone. And I feel so lonely sometimes." Harry was holding Liam tightly. Harry made a sound that meant he was listening and closed his eyes.

"Maybe you'll get used to it after a few months," Harry hummed.

"I just really don't want them to get hurt," Liam said. "Because people are being to get violent. I don't -" Liam closed his eyes as well, but he was the only one crying. "I think I love him."

Harry didn't have to ask who.  

***

Chris didn't mean to. He didn't mean set up three social media accounts.

Instagram.

Twitter.

Tumblr.

Three different and new apps sat on his phone, begging him to open them. Begging him to explore. To search. Chris went to Instagram first and looked for Liam. What the fuck was his name again? Chris searched realliampayne but it was just a fan account. This is bullshit, Chris thought. He left that app and went to Tumblr. He had heard many things about that app. (Chris was excited for the porn to be honest.) But he knew nothing would make up for what Liam would do. (It was better to have actual dick up your ass in comparison to a dildo or nothing at all. Not that Chris had a dildo. That was Zayn.)

Chris was going to look for some porn. He was excited for the porn. But then he looked up Liam. And he found things on them. There were people who said the ship was beautiful, and others who said Chris needed to kill himself before they did.

He's a bitch. I can't believe Liam would hang out with someone like that. Did you see how he treated those fans?

A reply.

My sister went to school with him. If he's the same guy - no doubt he is - his name is Christopher Rayce. He was pretty weird through high school. There's a rumour that he tried to rape someone in the school bathroom.

Another reply.

If he's done that we need to make sure Liam stays away! OUR LIMA BEAN IS TOO INNOCENT FOR THIS. WE NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD.

And okay, he was accused of rape but that was because someone had walked in on Chris and a in-the-closet jock making out. The principle knew Chris and it was his word over the other boys, who already had a history of doing suspension worthy things. He should have stopped. But Chris saw his name in the tags and couldn't help it.

So from what I've learnt his name is Christopher. I've heard that he's had something to do with sexual assault. Maybe that's why Zayn left - maybe Christopher did something to him and being in the band reminded Christopher of it.

Chris read that a few times, trying to find the sense in it. There was sex in his relationship for Zayn - not that the fans knew that - but nothing was forced.

I SHIP CIAM!!!!

Okay so as we know Liam was seen this that guy in Starbucks and a lot of people are making up rumours about him and we know how this fandom is. They're bitchy half the time when they don't know what's going on. I hate that half of the fandom. Like ug. Just stop already. No one likes you.

But anyways. Have you seen Liam when he's around Christopher? Sure we've only seen it one or three times but he looks HAPPY. I love it when my little taco god is happy so I'm happy too.

I hope that they're together because it's so shippable.

- Asher.

Chris smiled at that post. But the smile didn't last long as he felt a sharp pain raising in his chest. This was too much. Too much for him to deal with right now. Picking up his phone Chris called Zayn.

"Chris?" Zayn answered, sounding tired.

"Zayn I need to tell you that I didn't rape anyone I was helping him come to terms with his sexuality and it was just kissing."

"Um . . . Okay?"

"The Internet is saying a lot about me," Chris whispered. "I'm so hated. I'm almost as bitched about as you are." It wasn't supposed to sound like a joke but it did. "Zayn what do I do?"

"I don't know. I'm trying to avoid it all right now."

"I'm going the opposite. I made Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr accounts. By the way what's Liam's Instagram?"

"Fakeliampayne. Also that's a horrible idea."

"I seem to be full of those." There was a sigh in his tone. "I'm alone here. There's nothing for me to do. I don't want to go outside - there's a video of people harassing me that might explain why - and I don't know. Liam's only texted me once."

"None of the boys have talked to me yet. So far you're winning for that." A pause. "Where do you live again? Maybe I'll come visit."

"Canada." Chris answered a little too fast. It was obvious he wanted Zayn to come.

"Where in Canada you dork." There was a hint of laughter in Zayn's tone.

"Calgary. Alberta. Canada. Planet Earth."

"I'll look into coming. Anyways, it's late here. And I was sleeping. So I'll talk to you when I see you. Goodnight Chris."

And it broke Chris' heart think Zayn left his phone on in case the boys called him.