Chapter 3

New York, the city that never sleeps, thought Bella as she drove back home in her Porsche Cayman. It had been three years since she had moved here. She thought about how her life had changed, from escaping a terrible mother and losing her father who had loved her unconditionally, from getting over an awful affair to becoming a powerful witch and eventually the undefeatable reaper. But what she loved the most was her new status as a Corporate Raider and her sweet perfectionist sister Caroline.

Well, as they say take the name of the devil and the devil appears. As soon as Bella parked her car in the garage, a more than usual cheerful Caroline leaped on her back and shouted in Bella's ear, "Guess what happened?"

"Well, you just attacked me and burst my ear drums. So if you know what's good for you, BACK THE HELL OFF NOW", growled Bella.

"OMG! What's wrong with you", replied Caroline. To which Bella raised her eyebrow.

"Okay! Okay! I get it, you've had a long day and you are tired. But you won't believe it, I won!" shouted Caroline.

"What?" questioned Bella.

"I won! I'm going to L. A. for a week to host my very own chat show. I'm going to meet the some of the best journalists in the country and interview them. Yayyyyyy! I can't believe I'm actually going" said Caroline while tap dancing.

"Omg, wow, that's awesome Care, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations! So when do u leave etc etc etc" said Bella while hugging Caroline.

"Well, I leave in a few hours" said Caroline.

"So we better start celebrating because I'm sure you've already packed" said Bella.

"Hahahaha! You know me so well" replied Caroline.

"So, how do you want to celebrate? Do you want to go the new Thai place? Or..." questioned Bella.

"Well, I've already ordered and have raided you liquor store for the best" answered Caroline.

"What? You raided my store. Well I'm just going to make an exception this one time" said Bella.

And they had a good time and soon it was time for Caroline's flight and Bella decided to drop her to the airport herself.