CHAPTER 20

Morning, Bella's house

"I'm coming" groaned Bella. It was around noon, when Klaus came knocking while Bella was stilling sleeping.

A nervous Klaus was standing outside. On seeing Bella he asked, "Its past noon and you were still asleep?"

"You wake me up and then you mock me. Need I remind you, you need my place to hide?" said Bella, clearly annoyed.

"My sincere apologies. Why don't you dress up while I'll cook breakfast/lunch" said Klaus, charmingly. Bella nodded and sped off.

When she came back, Klaus had already laid out the table.

"So, your siblings are awake?" asked Bella.

"Yes, and Elijah is explaining everything and trying to get them to calm the hell down" said Klaus.

"You're nervous" said Bella and then used her magic to calm him.

"Thank you, though I feel oddly calm" said Bella.

"Relax, you'll all be fine. And after seeing Mikael and Esther's bodies, they'll thank you" said Bella.

"I can clearly see, my talk or my magic is helping, you may not be nervous but you need something to get your mind off" said Bella, "so why don't you paint a portrait of my sister. She's going to love it and it can be her welcome back gift".

"Of course, get me her picture, I'll do that" said Klaus.

"Here" said Bella.

"Wow! She is extremely beautiful" said Klaus.

"Thank you" said Bella.

"Now start painting, I'm getting my laptop, we'll both work" said Bella.

After some time, Klaus' phone rang, it was Elijah, "Brother, you may come now",

Meanwhile at Mikaelson House,

"I don't understand Elijah, why are you siding with Nik, just back off, I'm going to beat the shit out of him" shouted Rebekah.

"As if you can really do that, Sister" said Kol which earned him a slap from Rebekah.

"ENOUGH" shouted Elijah, "you need to listen" said Elijah.

Then he explained everything and showed Mikael's and Esther's coffins, while Bella had unlocked Mikael's coffin so that Kol, Rebekah and Finn could see for themselves, Klaus ruled out the possibility of opening up Esther's coffin. Then, he went onto explaining about Bella and Caroline and every other thing. While Kol and Rebekah calmed down and accepted their brother's actions, Finn threw a tantrum. He refused to live with monster and left.

Elijah then called up Klaus and said, "Brother, you may come now".

Soon Klaus was there, apologising.

"Well, you're forgiven" said Rebekah and hugged him.

"No hug for me Kol" asked Klaus, offering him the diamond he had taken from him in 1914.

On seeing the diamond, Kol jumped on Klaus and clung to him.

"I know Kol what you plan to do with it, it's well within your rights and given the past, if you still feel you can make a dagger that can put me down as well, but I hope it never comes to it. I give you my word, I'll never dagger either of you again. And please keep the daggers as assurance" said Klaus.

"Are you quite alright, Nik? Have you been going to the church or" said Kol, staring at Niklaus along with Rebekah, in a state of shock.

"Why don't you both just bathe, you both stink" shot Klaus.

"Thanks to you" shot back Rebekah.

"Alright, children. Enough. We'll continue the reunion. But first, you both, Kol and Rebekah, go bathe and change your clothes and Niklaus, we need to talk about Finn" interrupted Elijah.

"What about him?" asked Klaus, while Rebekah left to change.

"He's angry at you for killing mother and he's left. He was very clear that he is no longer a Mikaelson" said Elijah.

"Good riddance" muttered Klaus.

"That's what I said" said Kol from behind, chuckling.

"Where the hell is Bella? She was right behind me" said Klaus.

"Your new super powerful friend?" asked Kol.

"Yes, and Kol, if you love yourself, don't mess with her" said Klaus, on hearing Bella's footsteps he said "here, you are, I was wondering where you'd vanished to".

"What's this smell?" asked Bella.

"My dirty, rotten siblings" said Klaus while laughing.

"Shut up Nik!" yelled Rebekah from upstairs while Bella said "Don't be a dick" at the same time. Meanwhile Kol was staring at Bella with an open mouth.

"Hi, I'm Bella and I'm quite sure Elijah has told you all about me" said Bella.

"Yes, he has. It's lovely to meet you, darling. You are a sight for sore eyes, my lady" said Kol, charmingly, darting forward towards Bella, but before he could reach Bella, Elijah interrupted, "Kol why don't you go upstairs and bathe. Your odour is affecting us, so I repeat, go upstairs and bathe while I'll go and fetch an air freshener".

All this caused Klaus to laugh while Elijah and Kol glared at him.

"Okay! What am I missing" said Bella as Kol left.

"Nothing" said Elijah quickly while Klaus said "Something, maybe".

Bella gave them both a look while she got rid of the smell using her magic. Meanwhile, Rebekah came downstairs complaining about ill-fitting clothes and demanding for someone to take her shopping.

"Allow me to fix that" said Bella and so with a flick of her fingers she changed Rebekah's clothes from over- sized shirt and skirt to jeans and top.

On noticing the change, Rebekah looked at Bella and said gratefully, "thank you so much. You're really nice. And you're so nice and powerful, how come you're friends with this asshole", she continued pointing towards Klaus.

"Shit happens" said Bella which caused Elijah and Rebekah to laugh.

"Ouch! My sister insults me and my friend mocks me. Seems like humanity is lost" said Klaus.

"I know you guys lived through the Shakespearean Era but can we please stop the theatrics?" said Bella.

"Thank you Bella" said Elijah.

"I need a drink" said Kol, coming downstairs.

"Help yourself" said Klaus.

"Alright, now what's the plan" asked Kol, grabbing a drink.

"You guys carry on, I'm going to office. Caroline is coming back tomorrow so no way in hell, will she let me work tomorrow" said Bella.

As she was leaving, Rebekah cornered her and asked, "Bella, if you don't mind, would you please accompany me to shopping tomorrow?"

"I have a better idea. Let Caroline come back, we can all go together, just us girls. And don't worry, you'll love Caroline, she's also blonde and I mean that in a good sense, she just as beautiful and curious like you and stuck at 17. She just has a million questions and a hell lot of energy. Trust me, you'll get tired but she won't. She'll get you a wardrobe to last you an entire year" said Bella.

"I'm looking forward to meeting her" said Rebekah. Then, she hugged Bella and added "Thank you so much and I hope you didn't mind me hugging you".

"Nonsense" said Bella.

"I hope we can be friends. I'm really good at detecting lies and you seem truthful and nice" said Rebekah.

"I'm glad I passed the test. And as far as friendship goes, I believe, we'll be best friends, Sisters even" said Bella and bid the smiling blonde adieu.