CHAPTER 21

"BELLAAAAAAAAAAA" shouted Caroline on spotting Bella as soon as she descended from the flight.

After hugging Bella, she asked, "they let you get your car here?"

"Perks of being extremely rich" said Bella.

"I missed you so much. The trip was amazing. I interacted with the top Hollywood stars. The competition was amazing, I kicked ass and you know-" started Caroline.

"Yes, yes. I'm sure everything was perfect, but let me look at you at least" interrupted Bella.

"Okay, now can I continue?" asked Caroline.

"Sure, and I have taken off from work and we're going to have lunch at your favourite restaurant and then leave for home" said Bella.

Throughout the ride and lunch, Caroline filled in Bella with every single detail.

"Okay, Care. Listen, while you were away, I made friends with the Mikaelson family" said Bella while filling in Caroline with everything that had happened while she was in L.A.

"Woooooo, that's awesome! So when do I get to meet the guy who begat my sire line, I know I'm no longer linked but still. And just imagine, the stuff I can ask them" said Caroline.

"Not the reaction I had expected. Anyways, give them some time to adjust and try not to bug, after all, they are a violent bunch, not that I'm scared but there's no harm in making a nice impression" said Bella.

"Sure" said Caroline.

"By the way, we are going shopping today and Rebekah is accompanying us. I hope you're not too tired." said Bella.

"I'm never too tired for shopping" said Caroline, sounding super-excited.

As soon as Bella parked the car in the garage, Caroline dragged her luggage and shouted HOME SWEET HOME at the top of her voice, which caused Bella to laugh.

It took Caroline two hours to settle back in. On seeing the painting, the one, Bella had Klaus paint for her, Caroline hugged Bella for 20 minutes before calming down. After which they decide to have coffee. While Bella started with the coffee, there was a knock on the door.

"Caroline, Rebekah's there. Open the door" said Bella.

"Got it" said Caroline, opening the door.

As she opened the door she was met she was met by a nervous Rebekah.

"Hi! Is Bella? I'm Rebekah. I was supposed to. I hope I'm not intruding" stuttered Rebekah.

"Relax! You must be Rebekah. Please come in. I'm Caroline, Bella's sister. I know about you. Please come in and join us for coffee" said Caroline, ushering Rebekah in.

"Oh! Hi Caroline. Bella told me all about you. It's really nice to meet you" said Rebekah.

On sensing Rebekah's awkwardness, she hugged her.

"Nice to meet you too, Rebekah. And yes, the shopping plan is so on. We are gonna have a blast. We'll buy the most amazing dresses to go with that beautiful face of yours" said Caroline.

"Let the girl breathe, Caroline. I know she is older than us and has seen almost everything. But you're totally new and exclusive. Give her time" said Bella.

"I know I'm amazing" said Caroline, and Rebekah finally cracked a smile.

While the girls had coffee, they chatted and laughed and Rebekah felt happy, that she finally had friends who were not fake and liked her for who she was.