CHAPTER 25

"Okay, Kol you signed up for it, so, we run for an hour, as fast as possible. Then, we practise fighting. Since, you're here today, Caroline and you will practise first" said Bella.

"Lovely" said Kol.

After running for an hour, they came back to Bella's house.

"Don't you think, we'll break the house, though I can think of better ways to break it" said Kol, which caused Bella and Caroline to roll their eyes.

"We'll be practising in the basement" said Caroline.

As they entered the basement, Kol said "Now what exactly?"

"Nothing new, throw a punch at her, get acquainted to each other's fighting style" said Bella.

"Come on, sissy, throw a punch" said an excited Kol to Caroline.

The next moment Kol found himself on the floor. "Woahh, are you sure you're new born. Because that was neither the strength and speed nor the style of newbie " said a startled Kol.

"Having an awesome sister has its perks. My strength is almost equivalent to yours and I'm trained and well fed" said Caroline.

"Nice" said Kol and attacked.

After an hour of punching and kicking etc. the duo broke apart. Kol was the first one to speak, "this is awesome. I'm going to join you both daily and I actually look forward to learning from you Bella."

"I'm Honoured" joked Bella before adding "Go home, clean up and join us for breakfast, in fact extend the invite to your family. If Nik comes, ask him to get breakfast, we're supplying place and coffee".

"Okay" said Kol before leaving.

"Let's clean up then" said Bella and the two sisters left.

"Really Bella, get food then you're invited for breakfast" said Klaus as he laid the table.

"I'm offering a venue" replied Bella with a wink.

"Kol looked extremely happy when he came back" said Elijah, glint of jealousy clearly visible.

"Good for the kid" said Bella.

"He's a thousand years old and reckless and out of control" said Elijah.

"But he's a kid at heart, something you've clearly failed to acknowledge. And speaking of Kol, I feel, you've always been focussed on Rebekah and Klaus and clearly, Kol's never been a part of you Always and Forever, you've always used him. So leave the kid alone" said Bella.

"Okay, time out" said Caroline.

"No, please continue, I want to hear too" said Elijah.

"Fine. You are a hypocrite. You speak of family this and family that, but you stand by your family at your convenience. You choose Klaus and then Rebekah. You don't give a shit about Kol. He can die for all you care. You just use him. Next, you fall in love, forget about your family, then one day, threat of Mikael returns, you abandon the girls, well, mostly they die because they got involved with you or simply abandon them and run away and I'm not talking about Tatia or Katherine, they were bitches. Oh oh, by the way, you got involved with them despite you knew Klaus liked Tatia. You say you care about the innocents, but you slaughter people as per your will, so how exactly are you honourable. You know what, it is just a façade, an illusion you've created" said Bella.

"That's not true. I care about Kol. I try to be better man and yes, I've left women I claimed to have loved, but the truth is I've fallen for pretty faces too fast. I was a fool. I used to only realise that they were using me only when it was too late. No woman has ever loved me except for me sister and my mother, yes, Esther did love us once upon a time. But I make no excuse for slaughtering even innocents, to protect my family" said Elijah.

"Cool" said Bella.

"Excuse me" said Elijah, startled.

"I said cool. I know I kind of bugged you, but I just wanted to know the truth. Anyways, acceptance is the first step. But a piece of advice, I know it's not your job to carry the burden of your family, but since you act as the patriarch, pay attention to Kol too. All his naughtiness, they are just ways to seek your attention. He wants you lot to care for him" said Bella.

"Bella's right. We may have loved Kol, but we have never exactly cared about him" said Rebekah, as Klaus nodded in approval.

"Thank you Bella. For not sugar-coating and cutting through it. It's time we do right by him" said Klaus.

"What's going on" asked Kol, entering Bella's House and staring at everyone.

"Nothing. Now get over with breakfast. You and Bekah start school today" said Caroline.

"Okay" said Kol and took a place at the table.

As they finished breakfast, Bella left for work, while Caroline helped Kol and Rebekah gear up for their first day.

At the School,

"Alright, remember everything I've told you. Collect your timetables and follow them, go for cheerleading and basketball try outs respectively. Don't feed, kill or turn. And have a great day and when you come back share the details. Now I'm off to college too" said Caroline cheerfully.

"Bye and thank you" said Kol and Rebekah, hugging Caroline.