CHAPTER 13

"What would you like?" asked the Bartender.

"Whisky" said Mikael

Serving him the drink, the bartender said "drinking early in the morning, what's your story and by the way, you look new, never seen you around here before".

"Oh well! I just woke up from a coffin and nursed myself back to health. After all, I do need to kill the bastard. Can't rest in peace till then. Can I?" said Mikael.

Saying this Mikael fed on the bartender and just as he finished draining her, he heard the voice of the very person who he wanted to kill.

"Feeding from humans? What happened to the Vampire who hunter other vampires? Did those years in coffin change you? Maybe I should have put you in the coffin 900 years ago and saved myself all the trouble. Nevertheless, I'll complete the task." Said Klaus.

Laughing Mikael turned around and said "You've got some nerve boy! Have you finally accepted your fate? Sick of your disgusting life that you have come to me, to beg of me, to end your miserable life?" said Mikael.

"I see! Your father is touched in his head" said Bella.

"Now who are you? Is she one of your compelled toys to keep you company. Well, doesn't matter I'll have her for myself once I end you" said Mikael.

Enraged, Klaus said "Touch her and I'll tear you into a thousand pieces".

"Calm down Nik! I am Bella Montez and I am his friend Mikael. I am the Reaper who can end your sick miserable life by the flick of her fingers" said Bella.

As realisation dawned on Mikael, he turned towards Klaus and said "you'll always be a weakling. Hiding behind others and running. You could never fight like a man".

"Actually, I no longer crave your appreciation. I don't want to live by your definition of man. You are nothing but a monster. And I am going to do what I should have done a thousand years ago" saying this, Klaus sped towards Mikael and staked him with the weapon Bella had offered him.

-Page Break-

"If you're done admiring you handwork and done basking in glory, can I offer you a round of applause so at least you get your ass moving. I told you I don't have all day" joked Bella.

"I am free Bella. I can literally feel it. This man tortured me, beat me, made me question myself and my life, took everything I loved away from me and now, as he lies at my feet, I realise he is nothing, his appreciation means nothing. He was nothing but a monster who ruined me but I will not let him ruin my future. I have closed not only a chapter but a book. And from now on, it's going to be a fresh start" said Klaus.

Hearing all this Bella hugged Klaus. Shocked by the gesture, yet, Klaus returned the hug and wept. He let it all out.

After sometime as Klaus felt better, he muttered in Bella's ears, "don't you dare recount this hug and all to someone".

On hearing this, Bella laughed and said, "Now as you're back to being you. Shall we dump his body in the car and go back home. I told you I have to close a deal" said Bella.