CHAPTER 15

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Big Brother" said Niklaus slowly turning around.

As both the brothers continued to stare at each other, Bella said, "Ah! Elijah Mikaelson, brother number 2", which caught Elijah's attention.

"My sincere apologies, where are my manners? Greetings Madame-" stopped Elijah mid-sentence.

"Bella Montez" said Bella offering her hand which Elijah kissed.

Turning towards Niklaus, Elijah said, "It's been a long time brother. What a coincidence to run into you here, after all this time".

"Skip it! We both know this is not a coincidence" replied Niklaus.

"Of course, it isn't. Though-" once again Elijah stopped mid- sentence, his eyes falling on Mikael's desiccated body. "What is this?" asked Elijah with his eyes widening with shock.

"I believe this will take long and the appropriate place for this conversation is indoors. So shall we?" asked Bella looking at both the brothers.

"Bella, I don't think I'm ready to invite him in just yet" said Niklaus.

"Shut up Nik! This morning you were crying about getting your big brother back and now that he is at your doorstep, you're acting as he is your enemy" said Bella.

"A. I wasn't crying. B.-" started Niklaus.

"bahbahabahabah" interrupted Bella putting her fingers in her ears and acting as if she couldn't hear Niklaus.

"Oh! That's a lovely argument. I wonder how you became such a successful investment banker" said Klaus.

"Please, I'm awesome" answered Bella.

As Niklaus and Bella continued with their banter, Elijah was watching them as if a tennis match was going on. He wondered what had gotten into Klaus, how he had changed so much and he wondered about this mysterious, fierce, beautiful, angelic girl and how she was not afraid of Niklaus.

As questions were raising their heads inside Elijah's mind, Bella turned around and said, "Ignore him! Let's go inside and talk. But if you even think about hurting him, you'll have to suffer my wrath" warned Bella.

"Excuse me-"said Elijah, angry at being threatened.

"Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Before you boast about who you are, let me tell you who I am. I am Bella Montez, the most powerful witch and the only reaper, immortal and invincible. And I am a friend of your brother, so I suggest you watch your actions and thoughts" interrupted Bella. As realisation dawned on Elijah about Bella's identity, he took a step backward and licked his lips with fear and apprehension.

Klaus was smirking on watching this exchange between Bella and Elijah and was happy on seeing the fierceness with which Bella defended him.

"Seeing as the pleasantries are out of the way, shall we?" said Niklaus gesturing towards the door.