CHAPTER 18

READ! REVIEW! ENJOY!!

"Moving on. Well, I've put an end to Mikael. The weapon with which I've staked him, is one of Bella's own creation. He's going to feel pain like nothing he's ever felt before, he is going to be in constant agony, which gives me immense pleasure, but he will be unable to move, respond or act" said Niklaus.

"A wonderful creation. Congratulations brother on putting on end to that monster who tormented us for a millennium" toasted Elijah.

"Elijah, why are you here exactly? What do you want from me" asked Niklaus.

Elijah waited for a few moments, took a few sips of drink before he responded.

"Niklaus, I was full of hatred towards when I heard what you had done to our siblings. All I wanted was to hurt you. It's a good thing that I checked before acting or I would have done something that I would have regretted all my life. And surviving such guilt and agony for someone who cannot die is, well...." sighed Elijah.

And when Niklaus did not respond, Elijah continued, "After seeing this change in you, brother, knowing that our siblings are alive and the threat of Mikael is no longer hanging over us. Let bygones be bygones brother. There is no longer any misunderstanding. Let's be a family. Let's build a home where we can stay. Always and Forever" said Elijah.

After a few moments, Niklaus said "Elijah, I'm truly sorry for my past actions and behaviour. I want nothing more than to be family again. But there is something I want to say and I want you remember our vow. This is something about our mother".

"If you're referring to the fact that you killed our mother, I know that. Aurora told me, when I compelled her to stay away from you. Yes, Niklaus, I compelled her to stay away from you, because she was mad and all she and her brother would have done was destroy you and break you. So I acted to protect you and I'm not sorry for that. And as for mother, it was a good thing you ended her. Because when I now think, I believe she might have been a monster just like Mikael if not worse" said Elijah.

"And there is nothing to forgive about the Aurora business. She was a lunatic and she would have torn our family apart. Well, now that we are on the same page. What say, brother? Move in with me. This can be our new family home with an additional benefit for you, Bella is our neighbour" said Niklaus cheekily.

"I'm going to ignore the last part. And yes, Niklaus, I would love to move in and start afresh. I'll return tomorrow with my belongings" said Elijah.

"Good Night Brother" said Niklaus.

"Good Night Niklaus" said Elijah.

"Who the hell is calling at this godly hour" groaned Bella as she woke up because her phone was vibrating non-stop.

"Hello?" said Bella, annoyed.

"HELOOO!" answered back Caroline.

"Oh my god! Caroline why the hell are you calling at this time and for once can you not shout" groaned Bella.

"You are sleeping? Then why the hell do you make me get up at 4 to practise. You know what, Skip it" said Caroline.

"Why are you calling right now" said Bella.

"You're so rude. Anyways, I'll be back in 3 days. See you. And call me when you're more receptive" said Caroline before ending the call.

Bella went back to sleep, however, after few moments of fidgeting she gave up and went to shower. She decided on leaving early for work.

As she stepped out of her house, she saw Klaus wandering and called out, "which poor soul should be feeling sorry that they ever crossed paths with you?"

On hearing the voice Klaus turned around and responded, "Meaning"?

"I figured that your morning wandering was more of hunting, so I repeat, which poor soul should be feeling sorry that they ever crossed paths with you?" answered Bella.

Laughing Klaus said, "Oh my dearest Bella, can't I just be enjoying the morning?" As Bella raised her eyebrows, he added, "Believe me, I'm just walking. By the way, it's five in the morning and you're leaving for work?"

"Well, Caroline called and woke me up and since I couldn't go back to sleep, I thought I might as well leave early" said Bella. Klaus made a disgusted expression to which Bella said "What"?

"Just because you couldn't sleep you're leaving for work? And people say I need to get a life" huffed Klaus. "Well, why don't you come and join me for an early breakfast?"

"I don't want to have blood for breakfast" said Bella

"I'm not offering blood" answered Niklaus.

"You have something other than blood?" asked Bella

"Come and see for yourself love" said Klaus.