Chapter 14

Riker's POV
»Bowling? Are you serious?«, Vanessa spoke up as I lead her into the bowling center downtown. I laughed and nodded.
»It's fun, trust me«, I said and she just threw her hands up in the air.
»So hanging out secretly is going bowling, alright«, she said but she was trying to hide her laugh and that was so cute. I did not deny it, I may or may not had this tiiiny little crush on the brunnette next to me. I mean how could you not?
»I don't know how to play bowling..«, I heard Vanessa mumble then and chuckled.
»I'll show you«, I said smiling and we went to get our bowling shoes, after that to the alley. She dresses her shoes off and the bowling ones on as I watched her and she blushed lightly.
»Stop looking at me«, she said and I chuckled before taking my own bowling shoes to dress them on.
»Now let me show you how to slay«, I said smirking and went to the alley and took a ball, before throwing it onto the alley and hitting eight out of nine pins. Vanessa cheered for me playfully and I kinda felt my heart skip a beat, she just laughed tho. I smiled and went back to her.
»Your turn«, I smiled and she suddenly stopped smiling. I looked at her worried.
»You okay?«
»I'm fine.. I just don't want to embarrass myself..«, she looked down to her feet. I smiled and took her by her wrist, pulled her to the alley and took a ball for her, handed it to her and showed her how to do what she'd have to do. And when she let off the ball and as it rolled down the bowling alley and hit four out of nine pins, we just laughed and I highfived her.
»Lucky you are to have two tries«, I said and she giggled. As she tried again, she hit none but it was fine with her.
We just stayed in the bowling center for several hours, playing and laughing. But it was so much fun..
Vanessa's POV
Being with Riker and playing bowling really did take my mind off of Laura and this Carina girl. I was glad Riker took me here, it really was fun. But after a while I started thinking about it again and I think Riker noticed.
»What's wrong?«, he asked as we went out of the bowling center in the evening.
»Just family..«, I decided to tell him and he smiled at me.
»It'll get alright«, he said and it made me smile. We went home then, so he drove me home better to say.
»Thanks for today«, I smiled, »for making me forget my problems I mean.«
»No problem«, Riker smiled and we hugged. After that I went inside and Riker back to his car. I went to my room and shut the door before laying down in my bed, repeating the whole day in my head.
-
-
-
(A/N) YAY I MADE IT!
A bit of Rinessa in here😇😇
Tomorrow I'm gonna watch The Fifth Wave.. SO EXCITED!
And LAURA REPLIED ME YESTERDAY TWICE AKA IM CRYING DJFKFKYL
Have a great week!

Twitter: @/xsavinglaurax
Instagram: @/proudlauratic