Chapter 16

Thanks for the many reads the past days, I'm gonna update again today. And thanks to Monibeatle for recomending my story. Enjoy<3

Laura's POV
I woke up to the sun shining into my room and the birds twitching. I groaned as I pushed the blanket back and rubbed my eyes. I was very tired and at the same time wide awake. Today was the day I was gonna see or meet Carina. Was I ready? Not at all. And at the same time I was excited as heck. And yet I stood up and got dressed.
»LAURA! BREAKFAST!«, I heard Vanessa yell about ten minutes later. I went downstairs and got myself a bowl of chocolate cereal. I wasn't in the mood to eat tho, so I mainly just looked at the bowl and thought about what this day was gonna be like.
Ross picked me up at 1pm as planned. When he texted me that he arrived I got my bag and went outside and to his car.
»S'up, beautiful?« I blushed as Ross called me that and giggled. He smiled at me.
»Ready for that basketball game?«, he asked and I saw how dressed up he was for it, so I laughed. Dork.
»Yep«, I replied and we started driving to the place the game would be. We arrived after like fourty-five minutes because of all the traffic and were sitting in our seats with food and drinks another twenty minutes later. I nervously bit my lip because we were like pretty close to the game which meant I saw everything well and she could, too. What if she saw us?! I suddenly felt sick for a split second.
»Laura?«, Ross looked at me in concern and I just shoke my head.
»It's fine, Ross, whatever.« I wanted to shrugg it off but he didn't let me.
»Don't be nervous. It's just a game..« I sighed. It wasn't just a game, my twin sister was playing in this team. I played with my curly hair while Ross drank his coke, looking at the ground and to the players who just entered the hall. I was watching out and suddenly saw someone entering, they all went to their positions. I kept my eyes on this one girl with the wavy, brown hair and clear skin. I mean describing it like that, it could've been anyone. But the way this one girl looked like was crazy. I was dead sure this was Carina. And I was dead sure I stopped breathing for a second as the game started.
»Laura? Are you enjoying this at all?«, I heard Ross asking a little over half an hour after the game had started.
»Yes, it's great«, I smiled at Ross and drank a little from my soda. I felt him smiling at me and my heart skipped a bit. I didn't pay a lot of attention to the game though, because honestly? I didn't really care. But my eyes kept focusing on Carina. Did she know that she had a twin sister? Or siblings in general? Did she even speak our language when she was raised in Italy? And how the heck did she become a champion in basketball with a height of like 5'5? (Yes, she was like three inches taller than me- woah)
The game was over pretty fast, or actually it wasn't but that's how it felt. And Carina's Team won, or that's what I guessed since everybody who was for that team was cheering.
»So.. You wanna go?«, I asked Ross as I got up from my seat, taking the empty soda bottle to toss it into the trash. But he just gave me a look.
»What?!«
»I thought you wanted to meet her?«
I sighed. I really did want to meet her. I was curious about her. But what if she was bad news? I mean there must have been a reason why my parents would keep her away from me.. Otherwise, I wanted to find out exactly that reason..
»I did bu-«
Ross interrupted me: »No but. We're gonna go outside now and wait for the girls to come out and then you can get to meet her.«
»Are you sure?:/« I felt myself shaking a little again and Ross put his arm around me, smiling, as we walked out of the hall. It made me shiver.
»Deadly«, he said.
-
-
-
(A/N) Wow this chapter really sucked and I'm really sorry but I didn't know how to continue writing. I do have a plot in my head but that's all later haha. And this story sucks.
And wow, a lot happend in the past four weeks- weird. Sorry for not updating by the way but I just really wanted for people to read this story. Shoutout to Monibeatle again because she told people about my story so thank you. I hope y'all enjoyed the chapter:) xoxo

Twitter: @/xsavinglaurax
Insta: @/kimxmarano