Chapter 15 - Wanted: Dead or Alive

I walk out of our room with tears. I look up and see my mom. I hug her. I lost my mate, I lost the most important part of me and I can't do anything about it. I look at Arua who his whipping tears from her eyes.

"Can you bring him back to life?" I ask.

"No, I can't. That is dark magic, if any witch uses dark magic their soul will be lost after a passing, wandering the earth for an eternity." She says with a sad face.

'Oh' I mouth. I break my hug with my mom and run out of the house, shifting as I get out the door. I run to the lake that Matt and I hung out all the time when we were little. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Will stop splashing me!" Matt yells, laughing. 

"Nope, not till you say the words!" I keep splashing him.

"Please?!?!" HE says falling into the sand.

"Nope! Those aren't the words!" I pin Matt the beach. His arms above him, my legs at his sides.

"Alright. I love you." Matt says with the beautiful blueish brown eyes staring into mine.

"Yes, I love you too." I say kissing his forehead. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We were ten when that happened." I say dragging my tail into the sand.

I lay at that exact spot and crying. 

"Our mate is dead." My wolf says.

"I know he is." I say back, crying.

"I don't want to go one anymore. I have nothing to live for!" He howls out .

"Matt wouldn't want us to do that though. You know that."  I plead.

"I don't care! I need to be with him. I know! Let's just jump into the water and we can be with him forever!" He inches to the water.

"No, Matt doesn't want that." I plead again, backing up.

"Matt?" He looks over the water.

"What?" 

"There! On the other side of the lake!" He bolts, running around the water. 

I look towards where wolf saw Matt. I see a.......... A white wolf?

"Matt...."

We reach where the white wolf is. 

My wolf whimpers, bowing to the white wolf. The white wolf walks over to us and raises our head. We look into it's eyes and see the familiar blueish-brown eyes.

'MATT!" My wolf jumps, trying to hug Matt but.... We go through him.

"Matt?" Tears fill our eyes. 

"Yes it's me but I'm a ghost." He says.

"Why? Why did you go?" Wolf falls into the sand and cries. 

"I don't know, I felt empty. I wanted to die Will." He sits next to us and lays his head on our body.

"You wanted to die?!" Our head raises and looks at him. 

"I always wanted to die. I put on a brave face Will. After Mawmaw left it took me everything I had to just get out of bed. Yes, I had you and that made it easier but it was still hard. " He looks out of water.

"Is that why you would jump in and not surface until I saved?" Wolf asks.

"Ya, you always came when I tried to leave. I would jump, hold my breath, let go, and then I hear a splash from you, and you would save me. I would put on a mask and say 'You know, building my breath holding skills." He looks down at us.