Welcome To Vegas

I wake to the sound of Noah talking. He must still be on the phone. I assume I had only closed my eyes and wasn't really asleep all that long. I haven't opened my eyes yet but I can feel that my head is laying on him. I don't want to open my eyes; I like knowing he doesn't seem to care that I am leaning on him. But that isn't the only thing. His hand is intertwined with mine. HE IS HOLDING MY HAND.

Don't read too much into this, River. It's not like you are "awake". Maybe you grabbed his hand while you were asleep. It could possibly be true, but if he didn't want to hold my hand he could have let go or moved his hand. And why is he rubbing his thumb on my thumb and along the inside of my palm. Ahhh, I feel the sparks shooting through my body at his touch.

I open my eyes when I hear Noah saying we were about 2 hours from Vegas to whomever he was talking to. Wide eyed, I stare at him with a very confused look on my face.

He smiles. "Zeke, I gotta go. River just woke up and is looking a bit confused..... Yeah I know..... Yup.... I said I got to go." He hangs up the phone and turns to me. "Good Morning Beautiful, you missed our stop for breakfast. I hope you don't mind; I grabbed you a cinnamon roll from Burger King. I also got you a bottled water."

"What do you mean we only have about 2 hours till Vegas?"

"We just passed a sign reading St. George Utah, and that is just under 2 hours from Vegas."

"Thank you for breakfast," I say as I grab the food from him and remember I have to send my Gramma a message for a ride. I also look down at my pj pants and know I need to change out of these before I get to Vegas. I think Noah sees me looking at my attire and knows what I'm thinking.

"Hun, eat your food, I will block the view on this side so you can change when your done eating. I should have woken you up. I am sorry."

First beautiful, and now hun?! What all does this mean?

I pull out my phone and turn it on while I work on eating.

There is a text message from my grandma that I read while I am eating.

Text message: River, that is great. Maybe you have love on the way to Vegas. Let me know when you get there, as I am sure it won't be long after you awake. I love you.

Reply back: I don't know about love, but I sure have sparks. <3 we'll be in Vegas in less than 2 hours, love you too, Grandma...

Text to Gramma: Gramma, I'm less than two hours from Vegas, and you told me to message when I got close. I can't tell you how much all this means to me, Gramma. Tell Poppy I love him too.

I look around and see that the bus is actually a lot less crowded than I had remembered it.

"Umm, where did everyone go?"

Noah shrugs as he doesn't know. "They didn't get back on the bus at the last stop. Bus driver wouldn't wait. Now grab some shorts, and I'll turn my back to you and stand so you can change out of your pjs."

When he stands up, I quickly changed. "Done."

"That was quick," he states as he sat back down turning to me with a grin. "How did you sleep?"

"Apparently good, since I slept through our last stop," I say, giggling.

"Yes, that you did," he says back to me. I begin to wonder how much he has slept since he had been on the phone when I fell asleep, and was on the when I got up.

"Did that conference call take you all night?"

"No, I fell asleep for a little while. But I get today off, sort of."