Hello Doctor

Oh, my head hurts. What the heck happened? I open my eyes and feel like I am in a strange place. I sat up really quick rubbing my head and looking around. I'm in my room at the hotel. How did I get there? What do I remember. I got up and tip toed out of the room worried something bad had happened to me, or worse to my Poppy.

I open the door and I can hear a voice. I listen. Its Poppy, he's ok, but who is he talking to. I stand still listening but that is hard because my head really hurts right now.

"No, we are all ok. She was hit in the head, but we aren't sure why yet. We have to investigate a little bit more. Yes, when she wakes up and what not I will be having a meeting before coming home. I may stay a few more days if we deem necessary."

I heard Poppy talking, so I peeked into the dining room to find him on his phone. Was I the one who got hit in the head, because it sure does feel like it. And what meeting? Investigate who hit me, is that what he's talking about? He looked up and seen me peeking in the door and waves me in.

"Ah, River is a wake now, darling. Say hi to Gramma. She wants to make sure you are ok." He hands me the phone.

"Hi, Gramma."

"Oh, River dear. Are you ok? How is your head? Do you remember anything that happened? Do you need Poppy to stay?"

I can't help but smile. My mom would never even care to ask those questions. She probably would have blown up my cell phone telling me to get home or else. I could have been dead in some alley if it had happened on her time and she would never have known. Boy, I hate to think this but, I really hate my mom.

"Gramma, I am ok. My head hurts really, really bad though. All I remember is being in office and the Rock taking me through a secret door and then my head hurting. I woke up here. If Poppy wants to stay I will not complain." As I say that I can see the smile on my face, and Poppy looking at me.

"Well, I will call the doctor and have him come look in on you. Poppy will have to come home at least for a few days to take care of some business here. Then maybe both of us will come visit you."

I nodded but then remember I was on the phone. I could hear Poppy chuckling as he seen me nod into the phone. "Ok, but I don't think I need a doctor. I think some Motrin and water will make me feel better."

"Nonsense dear, the doctor will come take a look at you tonight. Take some of Motrin and rest. Put Poppy back on. Love you."

"Love you too Gramma." I turn and had the phone to Poppy who has water and Motrin sitting on the table next to him.

"River, do you need something to eat? Take these and go get in comfy clothes to sleep in." Awe Poppy worried about me. He talks in the phone really quick. "Darling, I got to go. Call the doctor. Love you too."

He hands me the water and the pills. I grab them from him and take them. "Poppy, I don't feel real hungry right now. Thank you for staying with me. I am sorry I let this happen. Is the Rock ok?" Still not knowing the guy's name I see Poppy smiling.

"The Rock feels bad that he let you get hit. He was able to capture one of the two guys that were waiting outside the building. Now dear, go change out of those clothes, the doctor will be here shortly. I have to go for a meeting before heading back to Gramma. Will you be ok?"

Feeling sad, I knew he needed to go to work, I pouted and shock my head yes.

"Come give Poppy a hug."

I run over give him a hug, and he hugs me back. A great big bear hug. "Poppy, I love you. Be safe."

"Pumpkin, you be safe. I love you too." He turns and leaves.