Club

The next day I do get to go shopping, which is awesome. Jazmine, Macky, Zeke's girlfriend Shannon and myself all go to the mall.

"So, River have you ever been to a club before?" Shannon says to me as we get out of the Jazmine's truck.

"Does teen night count?"

I hear laughs. "I keep forgetting you're from hick town."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Umm, hick town? Or are you meaning to say Michigan?"

Jazmine smirks, "Yeah, that's what we meant."

"Just because I am from Michigan doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun. I haven't been 18 that long, and we don't have clubs for under 21 in Michigan, well, not anywhere I know. Other than teen night. That is 20 and under. I been to a couple of them, but I would rather just go have a beer at a house party."

I am a tad bit pissed. Just because I have grown up poor and didn't have all this where I was doesn't mean I was sheltered. Does it?

"You're right. We are sorry. We didn't mean it like that." Shannon gives me a hug that ends up turning into a group hug.

Jazmine grabs my hand and pulls me into a dress shop. "You will need a drop dead gorgeous dress that will drop jaws."

Drop jaws? Only 3 jaws I want to drop. This makes me smile and I start dreaming about them staring at me and their jaws dropping down. I can picture it already. I want to see this. I want to see it person. I have to find a dress that will do this. Hmm. This is an up class dance club. Something I have never in a million years would have thought I would go too. And here right now I am buying a dress to go. What kind of dress would I need, or want?

Browsing racks the four of us start shopping.

Tons of dresses. Long ones, short ones, puffy ones, skin tight ones, every type of dress you can think of. I am thinking what would be the best type of dress for the club. I want to dance, but I want to look grown up too. I see some cute dresses and grab them.

"Um, no." Macky and Jazmine both say to me at the same time.

I turn around. I didn't even know they were standing there.

"What?"

"Those say, how do I say it without being rude, high school homecoming. Not really club material." I hear Shannon say. She wasn't even near us so how did she know what I had in my hand.

"Here," she tossed me a dress. If you could call it that. It looked more like a shirt to me.

I was staring at it when the other girls started to laugh.

"How about we try on some of the dresses you like, and then try on some we think you should wear, because they are more club style." Jazmine says to me and smiles.

I think about what she just said. I guess that is a good idea. These dresses I picked up do sort of look high school homecoming. But I have always wanted to try on and wear dresses like these when I was in high school and could never afford them. Which kind of made me depressed thinking I had all this money waiting for me, why couldn't it have been around when I was doing things like this back then.

I nod my head and head to the dressing room and so do the others. They have arms full of dresses. We spend the next couple of hours trying on dresses. I try on dresses that I would have loved to have in high school. Even some prom style dresses that I knew I couldn't wear in the club because they were way to long.

The four of us laughed and had a ton of fun. I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I don't even think I have had this much with AnnaB.

Which made me think of her. I needed to text her.