Chapter thirty eight

Greyson and I... Well, we are still friends. We are close. Yet miles apart. He's always weary around me now and there is nothing I can do. I'm hoping and praying that the time we need to leave comes quickly. There was a rouge attack back on our territory.

Everything went smoothly. All the pack members are fine and beat the rouges pretty easily. Today is a public holiday so I don't have to do training today. Rosa and Greyson are on their 3rd date. Rumours are its a picnic lunch! I slept in till about 9 which is unusual for me. I'm normally an early riser.

Liam is sorting something out with Finn and Mark. So basically I'm alone and bored. I'm currently sitting on my bed trying to read a book. My mind just keeps drifting off and I can't focus on the story. I've watched al the movies that interest me and I've been to every single shop at least once.

Well... Well except Jimmies shop. The old place I used to go to when ever I needed info or supplies. I jump off the bed, shove on a big hoodie and dark sunglasses and wander down the hallway. I use the back door and walk through the woods. The leaves crunch under my feet. I can't help but notice the signs I used to look out for while I was hunting. The twigs out of place. The dry and wet leaves underfoot. The way the wind is blowing. The sounds of the animals around me. The rushing of a small waterfall in the distance. And a pause in the currents obviously where an animal is drinking. Something big. Probably some kind of deer. I notice some rabbit tracks off to the left.

I shake my head. It's over now. I have a new life. As I continue along the trail I think about the times I had. I made this trail. This is where the berries grew in the right seasons, and where the rabbits passed to get from the den to the river. My life was so different then and it's only gotten worst. Apart from Liam he's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

As I peer out of the bushes and look at Jimmies place I see a Closing Soon sign. Next to Everything Half Price. What? No! I look around before exiting the bushes. I walk casually towards the shop. As I enter the familiar sound of the bell rings. I pick up a very expensive hand gun. More of a pistol really. It was $5000. That was the original price. I would only have to pay $2500. But he looks like he needs money. And honestly. I don't.

I pull out a bag containing $10,000 cash. Then shove the bag and the pistol on the counter. Jimmie was a sight for sore eyes. His eyes had no life. His smirky smile was gone. He was looking, tidy Compared to his usual cut jeans and baggy shirt. I liked him better with the cut jeans. I clear my throat.

"Oh yes sorry. That'll be $2500 dollars please. I assume you have a card"? He says dully and sadly.

I hand him the bag and pick up the gun. I shove the gun in my pocket.

"Keep the change", I say lowering the sunglasses so he could see my eyes. He looks into them and smiles his usual creepy smile/smirk at me.

"There's only one person I know with those eyes! Where ya been Raven. My business's turned to custard without ya".

"Sorry Jim", I say putting the sunglasses back on.

"I've been places".

"Well I'm sure glad ya back! Well... As ya can see me business ain't going to good. No one comes ta trade no more since ya left. Just a few guys outback feel free ta visit em".

"Thanks Jimmie. Oh and call me Emma, Em or Raven. They're all me".

I walk off through the back doors to where the trading normally takes place. That includes illegal gambling. And poker. Like I said a bunch of dodgy guys hang here. There's a series of tables and a radio and tv are playing in the back round. There's a small bar and a pool table. Six guys are crowded around the table playing poker and smoking cigarettes. They wear cowboy hats and have dark shadowed eyes. All eyes are on me when I walk in.