She's Eccentric Chapter 16

Chapter 16

The truth that I have found out is breaking me. I am now sitting on the floor in front of Aimee, not knowing what to do.I feel helpless and weak. I feel like I can't stand and all my strength just left my body. I feel like I am anesthetized.The reality is making me lose my sanity. They are telling me that there can be more serious illness that came from insomnia?I can't believe it. I refuse to believe it. I won't lose the girl I love the most on a simple sickness like insomnia. No.

I felt Aimee knelt in front of me and held my bleeding hand. She kissed it while her tears continue to fall.

"I don't want you to know. That is why I really don't want you to love me from the start," she started telling me with a wavering voice.

She has no intention of telling me? "So, you never had an intention to let me know at all? What if you get worse? What am I gonna do, huh?" I said with a high tone.

Her answer to my question isher sobs of grief. "What do you plan to do? Leave me once it got worse without telling me anything?" I asked.

Aimee still didn't give me any response. "You plan on leaving me without any idea why you're leaving. How harsh and selfish could you be?" I asked while putting the blame on her.

At this moment, I can't think of anything else. I can't feel any physical pain; I can only feel the emotional pain she has put me through.

"I know! I know I am selfish!" Aimee screamed. "I have already accepted that I am going to die and its fine already!" she cried out.

"But then, I fell in love with you. I didn't mean to but it just happened!" Aimee continued crying but I can't look at her.

I am staring blankly at the wall with my tears starting to build up again. I don't want the idea of losing Aimee.

"It's okay to die, but I decided to be selfish in the last few months of my life. I want to pretend as if there's nothing wrong and enjoy my life with you. Is it too much to ask?" Aimee cried out.

"I didn't say it's too much, but you could've informed me sooner. Why do I have to find out like this? If you love me, why didn't you tell me?" I asked.

"Because I don't want to hurt you!" she replied. "Bullshit! You know I'll end up being hurt any other way!" I screamed.

"Because I would rather not see you hurt! If I died without seeing you being hurt then I can rest in peace! I can't see you suffer in front of my eyes. Call it selfishness but I don't give a damn!" she cried.

She keeps on crying and it's hurting me more. Aimee loves me. She loves me to the point that she doesn't want to see me hurt. But no. Aimee is not going to die. We'll find a way because I cannot afford to lose her. If I have to call my parents and ask help then I'll do.

I pulled Aimee's hand. "I'll talk to my parents. They will help you; they are both doctors who know lots of good doctors around the world. They'll help us," I said.

Aimee shook her head. "There is no cure for this, Chase. I have already accepted this a long time ago. Since my mom died, I know I'll follow anytime," she said.

"No. It's just insomnia. Even if we can't cure it, we'll find a way to make it better. We'll find a way to stop you from... dying," I said. I think I am making a sense anyway.

"It's not just insomnia, Chase. It's called Fatal Familial Insomnia. It's a very rare disease that doesn't have any cure nor prevention," Aimee said.