Chapter 55

I grab my glass of water that had  been resting on the table, and brought it to my lips as the music pounded around us. I took a sip, and laid it back down. I look around, trying to spot anyone I know. Harry is leaning over the table, still seated. His left forearm resting on the table, while the other arm holds his glass up to his lips. He takes a sip, and places it back down on the table beside mine. He points towards the dance floor, and I follow his outstretched finger.

He was pointing at Meri and Niall, who were out dancing to Gangam Style on the dance floor. I busted out laughing as I watched their attempts. Meri was pretty good, but Niall was still learning.

The song ends, and Meri and Niall come over and join us at the table, along with Louis and Eleanor. Niall sits down beside Harry, and Meri sits beside him. Eleanor sits by me, and Louis sits by her. We all make small talk for a few minutes until Niall says, "So, Harry, what went down between you and Ashton? He said you got pretty pi-", he started to say, but Meri cut him off, clearing her throat and raising one eyebrow as she looked over at him. Niall clears his throat and finishes, "Angry. He said you got pretty angry.", looking over at Meri. She nods, and pats his cheek.

"Well, he was flirting with Lauren, so I cut him down.", Harry says, matter-of-factly. He seemed calmed down, and that is where I wanted to keep him. I didn't tell him about Tom and the rest of The Wanted. And I wanted it to stay that way. I wanted to change the subject before it got brought up.

"Niall! How are you keeping the boys away from Meri? She is looking beautiful, too!", I say, resting my chin on the palm of my hand.

I see Niall's cheeks pink up as he answers, "Yes she is. I guess the lads here just know not to mess with her if she's with me.", wrapping his arms around he back of Meri's chair. I see her bring her eyes up to Nialls', smiling, and he sends her a quick wink.

"But Harry is just as tough as Niall!", Louis states, "No offense, Niall, but maybe even tougher. Yet the guys are still finding her. Ashton..", he says, and I start to panic. I open my eyes wide, and signal for Louis to stop talking,but he doesn't see me. "Chris..... Oh, and who can forget Tom.."

I grimace, and I see Harry's face turn confused. He lets out a nervous laugh, and turns to me. I am sitting there, biting my lip, avoiding eye contact. "I'm thirsty, and I am out of drink! I think I will go get more water!", I say, standing up, pushing my chair out from under me. I quickly walk away, towards the middle of the ballroom, clutching my glass in my hand. I hear Harry's chair as he stands up to follow me.

I make it to the middle of the room when I feel Harry's hand grasp my wrist that was swinging back and forth at my side as I walked. He firmly pulls me through the crowd and towards a side exit of the building. We exit the building, and I find us on a patio outside the building. Harry releases my hand, and walks over to sit on the edge of a small table. He crosses his arms, and looks over at me. He doesn't look angry, which is a relief. I set the glass down on the ground beside my feet.

"Why didn't you tell me about Tom?", he asks, confusion fills his voice.

"I just didn't want you to overreact and do something you might regret.", I answer, bringing my arms up to my chest, trying to keep warm from the cold London air.

"So you just don't want me to protect you, is that it?", he asks, seriously. He was so emotionless that it was starting to scare me.

"No, Harry! That isn't it at all!", I answer, but he waves me off.

"Let's just see how you do without my 'overreaction' ", he says, starting to walk back towards the door. I run up to him and wrap my arms around his waist from the back.

"Harry, I'm sorry I  didn't tell you! I'm sorry!", I apologize, and he nods. "I'm not mad. I just don't want to have secrets kept from me.", and with that he walked back inside. I knew not telling him was wrong, but I was jus trying to keep him out of trouble. So, if he was going to be difficult, so was I.

I walked back inside, and towards our table where everyone was sitting. Although, there weren't any seats left. Josh had taken my seat beside Harry. I pause a few feet away from the table. Meri notices me standing there, and says, "Lauren! You can sit over here!"

Everyone turns around, including Harry, his face still emotionless. "I.....", I stutter my eyes still on Harrys'. He tipped his head to the side, waiting for me to talk.

Anger rushed over me, and I broke eye contact with him. "I'm going to go find somewhere else to sit.", I say, walking away. I didn't know where I was going, but I sure wasn't going back there. I wasn't giving into him.

I am looking around when I spot Ed's ginger head. I smile as he sits at his table, and I notice a seat empty beside him. I turn around and see everyone else at my original table had gone back to their normal business. Except for Harry. His eyes were locked on me. I send him a smirk, walking towards the seat beside Ed.

"Hey, Ed. Mind if I take a seat?", I ask him, in my most polite voice.

"Of course, if it's alright with Harry!", he says, looking back up at me. I sit down beside him, and look over at Harry, who I could tell was fuming.

"I'm sure he would be perfectly fine with it.", I answer him, sending a side glance back to Harry.

________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! This is a short chapter, I know, I am planning on updating tomorrow morning because I don't want you all to think I turned Lauren into a snobby girl... lol so please don't hate me! They are both just angry right now!

With all this tension building up, it has to come out somewhere :)

I will try to remember to update in the morning, please remind me!

Tell me what you thought, I kind of winged it on this chapter because I needed to build up for the next chapter which I am excited about :)

LOVE YOU ALL!

XOXOXO,

~Annalyce