Chapter 155

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know we were getting close to England when the weather began to drastically change. The feathered clouds beneath us changed from a pastel white to a deep gray. An occasional gap would reveal the deep marine water of the Atlantic. I could feel my defenses rising inside of me with every minute that ticked by. What if they didn’t like me? That could ruin everything. Harry was too far into his sleep to be able to sense my uneasiness, so I had no one to help rid the doubts. I remembered reading somewhere in Harry’s book that he would not consider dating someone who his family didn’t approve of. All of the insecurities I had developed in my personality seemed to bombard my mind, making my anxiety increase. The attendant made the announcement that we were now flying over London. I take this as a sign to wake up Harry who had slept the entire flight.

“Wakey, wakey, eggs ‘n bakey!”, I sing-song lightly into his ear, holding up a few of his curls with my index. A lethargic smile raises his lips slightly before his eyes flutter open to look my direction. A deep breath is inhaled as he stretches his long arms in front of him, sitting up in his white leather seat. “I needed to get some sleep if I am going to drive us another three hours to get us home.”, he informs me, pulling out his phone to check the time. 6:01 is painted across the top of the screen in bold white font.

“So we will get there by about eleven?”, I ask, referring to the home we would be staying at in Cheshire. My fingers drum the seat rest between us, my clutched fist keeping my head upright as I await his answer. He nods, “Yeah, but it depends on what time we get out of this plane.”

“Well they just announced that we were flying over London, so I suspect that we will be landing soon.”, I inform him. Just as the words escape my mouth, a red flashing in the front of the cabin catches my eye. I do as the neon sign says, and buckle myself in as the plane begins to descend from the air. The nervous feeling I had received the first time I flew had almost completely diminished, and it was almost a routine thing with the amount of times I had flown in the past six months.

Minutes later, we land with a thud to the European ground, before decreasing to a stop. Harry rises out of his seat, retrieving our bags out of the luggage compartment above us. We exit the plane, and the familiar feeling I received from being back in London was almost overwhelming. All of the memories. So many memories that I will never forget. Almost a year ago, I was stepping off of this plane as a nobody, really. I stepped back on to leave as girlfriend of Harry Styles. Now, I am stepping back onto the British grounds as Lauren Andrews, the international pop star. Harry and I walked hand in hand to the rented car, allowing one of the security guards of the airport to receive our luggage.

I almost jump into the car, slamming the door shut due to the freezing wind chill that was sweeping the parking lot. The thin jacket that covered my shoulders at the moment was definitely not going to last me this entire trip, but I would worry about that later. The trunk is slammed shut, and moments later Harry jumps into the front seat, rubbing his large hands together quickly to create friction and heat. My whole body was shivering, and I mimic his action, an attempt to warm myself up as well.