Chapter 174

“Flower gleam and glow

Let your power shine,

Save what has been lost,

Bring back what once was mine,

What once was mine.”

I love Tangled, says I.

Anywho! So sorry for the long wait. I have been busy every day, and I have actually been working on and off on this chapter all week, but I didn’t want to post it because I was unsure of how to make this work. HOWEVER- a week of writing has given me plenty of time to edit and such, so it should be well written. To be honest, I am still not sure, but I am taking a chance! I hope you enjoy!

Aaron Cole Matthews

Born August 8, 1990

Graduated from Harvard Law School in the summer of 2013

Began an internship at Lanier Law Firm the following fall

My wide eyes skimmed down the timeline displayed on the firm’s website below me. The large box of Lucky Charms created somewhat of a blockade for my phone as I uncovered the mystery of who Mr. Matthews really was. A large rectangular picture of the businessman behind me occupied the upper right corner of the virtual page. The firm’s logo was painted across a blue barrier stripped along the top- just below the URL. Under the banner, the company’s location and access information was printed. The company was located in New York City, New York, but they had business partners in many cities across the nation.

“Hey! What are you looking at?”, Aaron’s voice suddenly chimes. My finger quickly presses the lock button, hiding the information from him by jamming the device back into my pocket. My eyes simultaneously lift to meet his. The fear of worry and the unknown washes over me as I look into the blue eyes I thought I had gotten to know this morning. “Nothing, really. Just some junk mail.”, I answer, waving off the topic as if it were nothing by shrugging indifferently. Many things were crossing my mind as I stood there beside the tall man to my left, and in order to think clearly, I needed to slow my speeding thoughts. Dropping my groceries and running straight from the store crossed my overanxious mind, but our previous encounter with the paparazzi canceled the assumption that I could outrun him. Calling the police seemed to be a bit drastic, but, however, I do know one thing. I am not getting back into that car with him. Who knows what he would do or where he would take me. A spark ignited in my in my mind as an idea passed. Calling Harry and have him pick me up could work, but that would leave me having to stall for possibly another half hour. Two sides of my mind argued back and forth until one side won, and calling Harry seemed to be my best bet. My shaking hands prepared my phone to call Harry since a text would take longer than explaining it in voice.