Chapter 58

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on the last chapter :).xxx love you all!

__________________________________________________________________________

My eyes flutter open, waking up from my deep sleep. I gently push the white sheets off of me, sliding over to the other side of the bed, closest to the window. The sun was beginning to rise, the skies deep shades of pink and orange.

Last night when Meri got back to the apartment, I had woken up. She creeped the door open, and I closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I reopened them when I heard her crying. I instantly asked her what was wrong, and she explained, "I don't think Niall and I are what I thought we were, if that makes sense."

"What do you mean?", I say, sitting up instantly. Does she really think that Niall doesn't like her?

"Well, at first I thought that he liked me back. But now I am starting to think that he isn't interested. I mean, you and Harry hit it off so well and are so close. But Niall hasn't tried to ask me out or anything. Not that I could say yes until I get my parent's approval, but I still want to know that he feels the same way. I don't know. I think this was just a fling. I made it out to be more than what it really is. I really really like him, but I don't think he likes me.", she says. I see the tears in her eyes as she pours her heart out to me.

I think back to the night I told Niall to wait and get her parent's permission. Has he not told her that that was what he was planning?

"I gotta make a phone call.", I say, standing up, getting chills up and down my arms as my bare feet hit the cold floor. "To who?", Meri asks, wiping the tears from her eyes as she clutches her pillow to her chest.

"Uh....Will!", I say, referring to my thirteen year old brother back home.

"Oh... Okay... I think I am going to go to sleep. Goodnight.", she says, as she crawls up to the top of her bed, wrapping herself in the thin white sheets.

I pull out my phone, and walking over to the couch. I sit down, and look down at my phone, automatically typing in Harry's number, since I didn't have Niall's.

"Hello?", his tired raspy voice answering causing me to smile.

"Hi, I need Niall's number.", I whisper into the receiver.

"What? Why?", Harry asks. He lets out a long breath, followed by a yawn.

"Meri problems.", I say, trying to keep my voice down so that Meri can't hear me.

"Oh, alright, here's his number.", he said, and gave me his number.

I called Niall, and explained to him the situation. I told him everything Meri had told me. He was about to rush over right then, when I told him just to wait until morning since she was already asleep. He agreed, and I left him to think of some way to make it up to her.

I look back out through the window, and down towards my bags that I had packed up last night before I went back to bed. My clothes for today neatly laid out across the bottom of my queen sized bed.

I sighed as I slid out of bed slowly, and walked to my clothes, taking them into the big bathroom. I looked at he counter where I burned my cheek that time and Harry came to my rescue. He is so sweet.

I turn on the hot shower water, and climb in, staying in there for a while, letting the hot water sooth me. I lather my hair with my lavender shampoo and conditioner, letting it all rinse out as I turn off the water. I wrap a towel around me, stepping out.

While I am blow drying my hair all out, Meri comes in. Her eyes were a little red and swollen around the edges from where she was crying last night. I sent her a compassionate smile, and she lets out a long sigh and says, "Don't give me any of that, that makes me feel worse!"