Right Beside Me

The clock is ticking.

Counting down until I finally see you. Many have seen you. I've always asked the same question.

"Was he alone?" And then the answer is always
"Yes"

I feel that my heart is clenching because I don't believe them. There is this sixth sense in me, in my heart, that thinks you're with someone.

I've always been able to stomach the thought of seeing you somewhere but I've never had the thought of you being with someone.

I think I would just run just like the last time I thought I saw you because I just feel like running and throwing up in the bathroom.

I would dream of you grabbing me and just dragging me under you and being used all over again

I don't want to be caught in your grip anymore. I thought you loved me because you had this sense of humor and lovely eyes that I could forget everything you ever did.

I believed in you and was willing to give everything that I had.

Nobody does what you did to me to someone that they love because that's not love. That's just pure hatred.

I hear the echo of the clock ticking but I just close my eyes and see that if someone really does love me I wouldn't be waiting for them because they'd be right beside me.