Close To Me

My mind is in circles.

Thoughts running through my head that I can't seem to control. My heart beats a mile a minute. I can't breathe. My speech is lost.

That's how I feel when I have an anxiety attack.
Something that is beyond my control and that haunts me whenever it feels like it should. I thought I was able to control it like I usually do.

But I couldn't this time, I failed.

I cried so much that my lungs felt out of air and my hands were gripped on the wheel that I couldn't feel them.

I parked in the parking lot to just gather my thoughts and people just stare and go on with there lives. My mom tells me to just breathe and control my anxious feelings. But it's something that takes time.

She asked me " how do you control your feelings of anxiety?" And I responded with "I breathe"

Once I got the breathe of fresh air in my lungs I knew that I would again be able to defeat my anxiety. My mind could no longer control me because I know that I am stronger then it.
I felt a rejuvenation of strength in my heart. I knew that where I belong was with the feeling that I loved the most which is hope.

Hope is the only thing that helps me get to where I want to be. I know that anxiety is a monster that can haunt me but it does not control me.

I am better then that because I can hold hope so close to me and never let it go.