Chapter 11

It was Sunday and I laid around till around 4 or so. I was insanely bored and my knee wasn't hurting me anymore so I decided to go to the barn and work with storm. I pulled on some light wash jeans and ankle boots with a blue tee shirt. I grabbed a black nike jacket and went downstairs.

Parker was sitting in the floor playing with his truck. He had gotten over his little stomach bug and acted like nothing ever happened. I kissed his forehead and smiled at me. "Can we go see shadow?" I nodded. "Bing can i drive over to the barn. Parker is coming with me." "Be careful I'll meet you there later." He shouted back. I grabbed the keys to my blue 1976 jeep and walked to it with Parker. I buckled him into his car seat and hopped into the drivers.

I pulled out of the driveway and turned the radio on. I glanced back at Parker who was singing and smiled. He was dressed in dark jeans, white long sleeved shirt and some tennis shoes. I drove the short way to the barn and parked in one of the front parking lots. There wasn't that many people here but Jake's truck was parked. I tucked the keys in my pocket and Parker and I jumped out of the jeep. I walked with him to the western barn and he ran to Shadow's stall.

Parker went to get his tack while I brushed the pony down in crossties. His coat was shiny black and his mane had gotten longer. I saw Parker dragging his tack with a silly grin on his face. He kissed shadow on the nose and I took to tack from him to tack shadow up. I tightened the girth and put his bridle on to see Parker had already put in his helmet.

I led shadow out of the stable and outside. I put the reins over his head and picked up Parker. I set him down in his saddle and made sure his feet were in the stirrups.

I walked beside him to the ring where all the Cowboys were practicing. Jake sat upon Pegasus and Parkers face lit up when he saw him.

Mike smiled and nodded when he saw us. "I'm guessing your Parker."

Parkers eyes twinkled and he shook his head excitedly.

Mike reached up and shook his hand. "I heard you wanted to be a cowboy.

Parker shook his head eagerly.

Mike nodded and opened the gate to the room. "Well come practice with us."

Parker looked at me for approval and I smiled and nodded. "Go ahead."

Parker trotted Shadow into the ring and I went to get image. I went to her stall and took her halter off the hook. She stood like a rock as I put her halter on.

I put her into crossties and quickly tacked her up in her usual tack. I grabbed my protective best out of the tack box infront of her stall. I tightened my knee brace and led her out the stable. I put the reins over her ears and made her stand by a mounting block.

I put my foot in the stirrup and pulled myself up. She side stepped and I put my other foot in the stirrup. I collected the reins and tapped her sides. I made her walk to the cross country course.

She pranced and I chuckled. I have never seen a horse more excited to jump.

I cantered her around the course to warm her up and for her to get a feel of the course. I pointed her to the first jump and she cleared. Then the next and the next. The last jump came soon and she quickened her pace. She cleared it and I patted her neck.

I slowed her to a trot and kicked my feet out the stirrups. We went to where the western riders were practicing and checked on Parker.