Chapter 13

I decided to hang out with Maddie for the day. I texted Jake before I left to see if Pegasus was doing ok.

Me: how is he?
Jake: better he is anxious. He isn't used to staying in a stall this long
Me: that's understandable
Jake: try not to have too much fun today ok
Me: no promises

I got dressed in black skinny jeans, a grey sweater and a white beanie paired with black boots with heels.

I slipped my phone in my pocket and went downstairs where Maddie was waiting. I kissed Bing on the cheek and hugged Lou. I ruffled Parker's hair out walked out the door with Maddie.

We hopped in her car and we drove to the mall.

"Ruff night?"

I looked at her and nodded. "Pegasus coliced last night."

She gasped. "Is he ok?"

I sighed. "Yea. He should be fine in a week but it was a close call."

"They needed you to calm him down didn't they."

I smiled. "Something like that."

She sighed. "Paige you have a gift. You get in horses heads and you understand everything they are feeling. You listen and that's not something a lot of people do."

I sighed. "I don't know Mads. I miss it more then anything but I don't know if I am do that again."

She smiled. "Only one way to find out girly."

We spent the whole day shopping and just gossiping. It was around 8 when we finally finished and my phone rang.

"Hello dearest brother."

"Paige Storm is freaking out."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

Maddie nodded and sped to the barn. She parked her car and I jumped out running toward the barn with her at my heels.

Lou,Bing,Parker,Jake,and Kate were all by his stall. He was rearing and screaming and charging.

He saw me and flattened his ears. I held my hands in surrender. "I thought we called a truce."

He charged. "Guess not."

I looked around and saw barrels in the empty stall Infront of him. "It's the barrels."

Kate went to the empty stall and with Jakes help they had them out of his sight.

He was trembling and snorting. I ran my hand on his neck. "I know boy."

He sighed and I smiled. Kate looked at me with a sorry expression.

"I'm so sorry Paige. I didn't think about it."

In a way I was mad. All that hard work I did might have gone to waste and I would have to start all over.

I rested my head against his and he put his nose in my stomach. "It's fine. Can you just leave us alone for a few minutes?"

I felt Bing and Lou kiss my head and Parker hug my legs. Sunk into the shavings and leaned against the stall wall. I felt Jake sit down beside me and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I leave for worlds tomorrow."

I looked up at him. "What?"

He sighed. "I leave for the world for tomorrow. First stop is France."

"Why didn't you tell me?"