Chapter 3

Day after day since Storm came home, he just kept getting worse. I was in the tack room kicking basically everything I owned with tears running down my checks. My knee was killing me but who cares, I was just mad at the world.

I felt arms wrapped around me and I was pulled into a rock hard chest. "Stop you are hurting yourself." Jake. He was right though. My knee was swollen. He guided me to a chair and I plunked down. He went to the freezer in the feed room and got an ice pack. I jerk it out of his hand and put it on my knee. Yes I do realize I was being a bitch but I had my reasons.

"Easy there fireball." He smirked. "There is the dumbass cowboy that I know." He frowned. "No need to be a bitch I was trying to be nice." I smirked and rolled my eyes. "Don't you have some slut to hook up with." I heard a small voice at the tackroom door. "Paige are you ok?" I saw Parker look in his eyes full of concern.

"Yea babe I'm fine, come here." He ran over and crawled into my lap. I looked at Jake. "Thanks." He nodded and started messing with what I'm guessing was his tack. "You should see Jake's horse Paige he is a Reiner." At the mention of his name Jake looked at Parker and smiled. "He goes really fast and he when he stops dirt goes everywhere. "

I started tickling Parker."Oh yeah." He giggled and squealed. He jumped off my lap and ran out the door. "Your so good with kids." I looked at Jake. "I try my best." I slowly got up and went to put the ice pack back into the freezer." Paige." I turned. He smirked. "Try not to kick anything when I'm not around." I smirked. "No promises."

Later that night the four of us sat at the table eating dinner. Parker and Bing were arguing about something. "IM WATCHING POKEMON!" "NO IM WATCHING BASEBALL." Lou and I were laughing our asses off. We probably should have said something but this is hilarious.

"So Paige what about that cowboy Jake at your barn?" Bing and Parker shut up and looked at us. I took a bite of my salad. "There is nothing to tell he is jut some man whore who won't leave me alone." Bing and Lou looked at each other and smiled. "Oh lord please do not start with those stupid looks I can only take but so much." Those smiles only got bigger.

"You don't fall in love Paige." I glared. "I still don't and never will." Lou looked at me and gave a small smile. "Honey you can't control it, it just happens." I rolled my eyes. "I'm not good enough Lou and I never will be." Bing rolled his eyes. "Paige you are the best person and barrel racer in the world. You will be an awesome mom and wife." I smiled. "Thanks loves."

Later I was in my room staring at the ceiling when Bing entered and plopped down beside me. "Hey Sam." I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see them. "What do you want?" "I just came to talk." I growled. "I'm so done with talking to people." He laughed. "Sam you need to get back on." I looked at him confused. "You need to ride Storm." "Ugh not this again." "You do join up with every horse you work with you need to do that and get him to trust you again." I closed my eyes. "Just get out." He sighed and kissed me on my forehead. "You can either get back on or stayed bucked off."

That night I got no sleep at all. I had a plan and I'll be damned if someone tried to stop me.

................................................................

They next morning I dressed in dark wash jeans and a hot pink t shirt with my black knee high riding boots. My jeans of course had rips in them and I put on my black baseball cap backwards. I brushed my teeth and ran downstairs. Lou was standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast in her work uniform ( black pencil skirt with a white blouse). She turned when she saw me come in. "I knew you were gonna get out of that mood and work with Storm." She smiled. I just shook my head. "He didn't give up on me and now I'm returning the favor."