Chapter 16

Those next two weeks were absolute hell. I worked with storm till midnight every night and then got up to go to school.

Today was the day of championships and to say I was nervous was a complete understatement. I was freaking the fuck out.

Storm knew something was up. He weaved in his stall paced. He was pumped up and that was a good thing considering we haven't stepped in a ring in about a year.

I cleaned my championship saddle that had my name on it. I cleaned the bridle and made sure all my tack was safe and ready.

It is currently 12 in the afternoon and the rodeo didn't start till 7. I led storm out of his stall and into the washstalls outside. I scrubbed him for 2 hours, making sure he looked perfect for our comeback.

I towel dried him and led him back to his stall so I could pack up the trailer. Bing grabbed my saddle while I grabbed the bridle and the saddle pad and Lou grabbed the protection boots.

We made sure we had everything in the trailer and I went to grab Storm. He perked his ears up and I ruffled his mane.

I smiled. "Let's go boy."

I led him down the aisle of the barn and to the trailer. He eyed is wearily and I patted his neck. He snorted and I slowly loaded him in the trailer.

Bing and Lou shut the back while I tied his halter up. I exited out of the side door and saw Kate standing by the truck. She was dressed in jeans,cowboy boots, and a tee shirt that had my logo on it.

She smiled. "Did you really think I could miss this?"

I hugged her tight. "Thank you."

She pulled away. "Your an amazing rider Sam. And whatever happens today just know you can always bounce back from anything."

I smiled. "Well let's go kick some ass shall we."

Parker, Kate, and me sat in the back while Bing and Lou sat up front. We had a 3 hour ride before we got to the arena. And I was still freaking out.

We pulled up to the huge rodeo grounds 3 hours later. Bing parked away from the crowd so we could keep Storm calm and everything lowkey.

I got out and went in the side door while Kate and Bing opened up the back. Storm stomped impatiently as I untied his lead.

I slowly backed him down the ramp and patted his neck when his feet hit the ground. I tied him up to the trailer and Parker grabbed the brush box.

I ruffled his hair. "Thanks P."

He smiled and hugged my legs. "You'll do great Sams."

I kissed his forehead and went to the tack part of the trailer to get dressed with the others brushed him down and tacked him up. I changed into light wash ripped jeans and my brown cowboy boots with crosses on them. I put on a soft pink long sleeved button down and tucked it into my jeans. I tightened my belt that had my buckle on it. I found my black baseball cap and put it on backwards. It was like my signature look and made me stand out from the others.

I walked out the trailer and smiled at Storm who was all decked out in his championship tack. When you win championships they give you a tack set with your name and the year you won.

He scars were still visible but that's what made him, him. His mane was combed and his tail was brushed. I rubbed under his forelock and smiled. This was our night.